awake

trigger warning
• pov changes a couple times (~) means pov change.
•disclaimer- i'm not to sure how doctors/hospitals work so bare with me. just go along with it haha

-

eddie slowly opened his eyes and looked around. his head was pounding and his arms hurt. he wasn't sure where he was until he looked down and saw bandages and his arms being held down. then the memories came back.

"how are you feeling eddie?" he heard someone. he looked over and saw the nurse.

"where am i?" he asked beginning to get nervous.
"you're at the hospital, how are you feeling?" she asked again

"my head and arms hurt."
she nodded and went off to get pain medicine.

~

"eddie kaspbrak?"
the losers stood up quickly and ran over to the doctor.
"i called ms. kaspbrak and informed her on what happened. she told me she wouldn't be in town for another couple days but she let us know you guys could know what's happening with eddie." he spoke. they nodded their heads waiting for him to start speaking again.

"so we got eddies arms stitched up and wrapped. he's awake." they all signed out in relief. "but we did notice that this wasn't the first time he had self harmed. and it might not be his last so keep an eye on him. and we also saw that he hasn't eaten in a while. we think he has depression and he's anorexic and suffers from bulimia" all the losers looked at each other with sad eyes.

"you guys can come in and see him but he asked to see one at a time for now. he's still a little shaken up."

"rich, do you want to go first?"
richie just shook his head, "i can't right now. someone else can go." mike walked in first.

eddie looked up and smiled softly, "hey eddie, how are you?" he went and hugged him.
"i'm good mike." he hugged back. the doctors took off the restraints (is that what they're called? haha) when they knew he wouldn't do anything.

"how is everyone?" eddie asked.
"real answer? not good." mike let a tear slip.
"sorry" eddie whispered.
mike shook his head and hugged him again.

"i read the note eddie. i want to get closer. you're a good person and i want to be able to be there for you." mike said as we wiped more tears that tell.
"i would love to mike, but what if everyone else doesn't want to stay my friend?" eddie doubted.

"that won't happen eddie. they're just hurt. we all love you so much and we want you to be happy." mike reassured him.
"i'd love to hang out more mike." eddie said. mike just nodded and hugged him again.

he walked out and everyone looked at him. "he looks so broken guys. i told him i wanted to be closer friends because of the note but he said he wasn't sure if you guys would still want to be his friend." he said and let more tears fall out.

"we all love him. we would never leave him." beverly cried. mike just nodded and ben walked in.

"hey eddie." ben said softly and hugged him.
"hey ben." eddie hugged back.
"thanks for the advice on beverly. maybe when you get out here we can go to the library and research about girls."

eddie giggled, "yeah i don't know anything about girls." ben laughed.
"you're going to be okay. we're all going to be okay." ben told eddie.
"i hope so," eddie replied.