Friends Shouldn't Kiss You

Listen to : friends by Ed Sheeran

It was day four of my suspension week and I was already tired of being under lock down. I only went out to the supermarket if my dad needed something and could not get it himself or jogging after my dad came back from work. My phone had been taken away and I was not getting it back until Monday when my suspension would be over. When the principal called both our parents to come pick us up, Jen's mom took it lighter than my dad. He had drawn his own conclusions about why my friendship with Jen had ended and a part of him always suspected I liked Kyle but in the past he would not dare to ask me. He kept on murmuring to himself that "this is not like you Ron" on our way home and I would stare at my feet in response unsure of what to say, I had apologized a thousand times before realizing that my apologies were only making him angry. The words were supposed to be directed to me but it seemed like he was trying to convince himself that I was still the girl I had always been, ' the girl he had raised ' as he put it. I was weighed down by guilt.

Watching movies was becoming too monotonous so I began to look forward to the times Malachi brought my homework since Liam and Kyle would be at football practice. Some part of me wished that Kyle would not have so many commitments but he made sure to drop by and see me everyday after practice. We talked about how I had overreacted each day and how petty Jen was before making out on the couch or watching a movie. Sometimes I would look at him annoyed by how he could not stop talking about the irreversible matter, my dad was already giving me a hard time as is. Liam on the other hand would constantly mention how much of a boss I actually was and he would praise me for not backing down, we would order food and eat as I explained to him how boring my day was.

I did not get why my dad decided to do a double take on me, taking my phone would have been enough torture but he decided to take it up a notch by making me stay at home. I knew he had security cameras installed outside and I was afraid if I disobeyed him by going out he would find out. I was now lying on the staircase bored to death and staring at the ceiling, I was extremely uncomfortable but I had run out of things to do. When the doorbell rang I almost fell down the stairs trying to jump onto my feet, even if it was the delivery man I would not mind, I had ordered some stuff on eBay before my phone was taken and I could not remember the day of my delivery. I dragged myself to the main door and peeped through the peephole and groaned so loud when I discovered who it was.

"What time does your dad come back from work?"

"Why do you need him? Is he under arrest?"

" Dude, chill with the attitude."

I rolled my eyes ,"around 4, why? "

" let's go ", he said grabbing my hand and dragging me outside.

" Where ? ", I looked down at my feet and looked at him in disapproval. I was still wearing pyjamas and morning shoes.

" To the lake, you know lack of sunshine can make you sick", he smiled at me letting go of my hand.

" Angry dad can kill you ", I pointed at the cameras.

" He will kill me for sneaking you out not you. Plus didn't you know those cameras don't work."

" Just go grab your bathing suit or I'll go look for it myself and kidnap you. "

" No! "

" Good choice. "

He bumped past me and ran upstairs before going through my drawers whilst I screamed trying to shut them. He shouted an aha when he found what he was looking for and carried me like a sack over his shoulder before putting me in the back seat of his car and shutting the door. I tried to open it and the I realized it was on child lock. I wanted to keep shouting at him but he turned on the speakers of his car and started singing along to "Ignite the world" drowning out my voice. I looked at him dumbfounded because I never pictured him listening to such music but I had to commend him for his party boy taste. He just smiled and shouted at me to loosen up. Despite Gwen's attempts to make me feel better by giving me the best haircut ever. I no longer felt as confident as I did a couple days ago. Malachi has been saying I look better this way and Liam too but the reaction I got from Kyle made me feel worse. I was starting to consider wearing a wig until my hair grew back. I told Liam about it but he said that the side burns went well with the curls that were on the other side. Gwen had decided to shave off the side that had been cut and the back then cut the rest of the hair into a Bob before curling it.