In Case You didn't Know

Listen to :Missin' and wishin' by Drew Jacobs

So many times we wish that we could live a life free of pain. To be loved back by the people we love and have our energy reciprocated without compromise. A lot of people take the love they have for granted not knowing that there is someone out there who wishes to know what it feels like to  be loved back by someone you love and to have someone look at you like they were seeing the eighth wonder of the world.

Here I was lying in my bed facing the ceiling with my hands crossed on my chest hugging my phone waiting for a text that was never going to come . It was a beautiful sunny Monday morning but I felt like it was cloudy and gloomy in my room . I was afraid of facing rejection more than I was afraid of the humiliation of always wearing my heart on my sleeve. Was I wrong to wish for a traditional kind of relationship? I had always been the one to reach out to Kyle and it hurt to think that it would forever be that way.

I dragged myself out of bed and packed the books that I had carried home into my backpack before brushing my teeth and taking a shower. I wanted to make a good impression on Kyle so that he would not be embarrassed to be seen with me. I felt pathetic but I could not help it so I took time to straighten my hair and put on makeup. I put on a red mock neck crop top and a black ribbed lace up skort complimented by a pair of red suede ankle high boots and a charm bracelet with the matching necklace. I decided to leave my backpack behind for the day and take a hand bag instead the same way Jen and her girls did.

I sprayed the  BVLGARI perfume that my father had bought me for my birthday. It felt foreign and strong but I figured it was because I usually used body mists instead of perfume. I hurried and packed a salad for lunch. I chugged the smoothie that dad had made and left the rest of my breakfast untouched. I kissed my dad goodbye and waltzed out of the house feeling my father's suspicion lurking behind me. I drove to school ready to face the world and get things straight with Kyle once and for all.

As I walked from the parking lot to the school building I heard someone call out my name and I  flip turned to see who it was. I groaned the moment I saw Malachi getting off his motorbike and signalling me to wait for him. He took a few strides to reach me before he spoke out

" You look good ", he said nodding at me as his eyes scanned my body from head to toe.

" Thanks. Have you seen Kyle? " I was not in the mood to speak to him. Part of me resented the fact that he had checked up on me and the person who was supposed to had not.

" You smell amazing too. You know you don't have to dress up for me right princess. "

I rolled my eyes in response unsure of what exactly to say and I started walking away when I heard him shout loud enough for every one in the parking lot to hear.

" I'm good thank you for asking. "

" Did I greet you by chance? " People were looking at us and some were whispering about what had happened at the party. I could see girls sneering at me and I knew I had to get away.

" I don't know where Kyle is, I'm not his keeper" ,he crossed his arms over his chest his looks hardening. There was a moment of silence before his eyes brightened up, "Hey, can you show me around? "

" No. "

" Just show me the admin offices at least. "