02 | covered in silver

Start from the beginning

Yet, her cellphone really wasn't anywhere in sight.

It was already weird that she would have passed out, seeing as she was sure she wasn't dehydrated? But maybe due to her excessive happiness, she regretted to realize she was?

Or, what if someone had whacked her?! Came up and knocked her upside the head! Stole her phone clean out of her hands, leaving only a vicious Ali to attack them on the other line?

A little far fetched yes, but not impossible. What was impossible though, was Roseanne finding her phone.

She huffed and stood up. Looking forward and agreeing to the fact that it had magically disappeared, maybe down a sewage grate, and she'd just have to ring herself up on her Mum's phone later.

"You lose everything..." She sighed to herself as she continued a quicker pace back to the house. Still put off about the way she had lost her sight, sound, and touch. Beginning to jog as she noticed their home coming into view around the final corner.

"I'll ring my phone and drive back down to look for it. Maybe track it with Mum's." She decided as she jogged up to the front door. "Yeah I can do that, everything's fine."

She reached for the handle, knowing well her parents usually leave it unlocked for her at this time, only for her hand to miss the handle and go... through the door?

"Ahhh!" She screamed. Pulling her hand back out and clinging to it. Her eyes growing immensely while she studied the way it gave of a rather weird, silver tinted hue in the sunlight. Blinking rapidly, wondering if her eyes were deceiving her, she wiggled her fingers.

Was she hallucinating?

Did she hit her head on the pavement?

Roseanne reached forward, opting to knock on the door instead. Only for her hand to phase through the material once more. Like there wasn't anything between her hand and the air at all.

She gasped and flexed her hand that was still within the door. A strange sensation building in her arm that was currently sliced in two, until she stepped forward, and walked through the treated wood as if it wasn't even there.

Walked... through the closed front door.

She walked through a door!

"What the fuck!" She yelled. Quickly rushing to the hallway mirror and standing still in front of it. Already picturing a massive bruise, or a trail of blood. But instead, she was staring at an untouched and well kept image of herself. An image... that looked transparent. The silver hue she could see when looking down at her hand earlier, was now covering her fully.

From head to toe, her frame was encased in what seemed like a see-through tint. Within certain lights, it made her shine and shimmer. As if the rays reflecting off the mirror, were then reflecting amplified through her. Her skin practically bounced within it.

Roseanne fell uneasily backwards, to what she thought would be the other wall of the hall. But instead of leaning on it like she thought she would, she fell down to the ground. Landing on her back without the sound of any thud.

Her head phased through the wall and into her bedroom. All the while the rest of her was still in the hallway. Roseanne blinked, staring up at the ceiling in dismay. Unmoving as she spoke. "You're dreaming."

She closed her eyes and clenched her hands. "You're fucking dreaming. You passed out. You're passed out on the sidewalk right now as we speak." Roseanne opened her eyes and sat up. Coming face to face with her bedroom's drywall, then insulation and studs, before more insulation and drywall again. Only to reappear within the hallway on the other side.