Chapter 39: Thanksgiving Lunch

Começar do início

"Aw!" Destiny hold her arms out.

I walk to embrace her in a tight hug. It was good to finally, get some time with her this morning. She was the first to wake up while I made breakfast.

Laura was able to talk to me at the pool, yesterday.

"Te voy a extrañar." She says.

"I'm gonna miss you too." I say with a sad face.

"Lets go outside." I glance at Rob. He's talking on the phone. His face calm. When his eyes meet mine, he steps towards me. We stepped away from everyone, close to his office door.

"...Yeah. Well, that's all I wanted to know... See you then Dr.MaCkenzie. Thank you." He hangs up, staring at the phone with a pale look on his face.

"You called the doctor?" I ask.

"I kinda got distracted by what happened last night. He said not to drink your pill until we know for sure that you're not pregnant." His eyes narrow, in embarrassment.

"Hey. I'm sorry. I should've been more responsible." I say.

"No. It's not that, it-it's just... I don't want to share you, yet. We just got engaged..." I know Robert, too much. If I don't stop him now, he'll freak out.

I put both hands on each side of his face. He looks down at me. "I know. Calm down, I know. Lets not talk about this for now, okay?" I kiss him, quickly.

After taking a deep breath and calming himself, I remove my hands from his face.

"Lets go eat!" I yell, causing everyone to jump and glare at me.

11:34am

Saddle Peak Lounge (Steakhouse)

The resturaunt was a wooded cabin. But really big. Inside, the lights were dimmed low. It smelled like steak and burning grills. Soft music played in the background.

My family and friends entered, humming at how good it smelled. It made my stomach growl. I haven't noticed that I'm so hungry until now.

"Hi, yall! My name is Gracey, I'll be your waiter for today. Table for how many?" Her country accent, roamed through the front of the desk, while she stood behind it. Her eyes never leaving Rob.

Heat pierced through me. Why would you check my fiancé out when I'm looking right at you.

Thankfully, Rob didn't seem to notice. I pursed my lips at the lady, drawing her attention away from Rob.

I smiled turning and counted each family member and my three best friends.

"21." I blushed at the number. Behind me, Daniela snorted, laughing at the inside joke.

Glancing at Rob, Stacy makes way in front of us. "Right this way." She leaded.

Oh wait. "Where's Russo?" I ask Rob quietly, as the tall, slim and blonde lady walked us to a super long table.

"He said he'd be back. Later." His eyes narrow.

Oh no. They fought, again?

"Why do they always fight?" I ask under my breath.

"I don't think they're fighting. He's preparing everything for your families flight." He shakes his head.

My mouth makes an O, sitting beside my mother and Rob at the middle of the large table. My friends sit in front of me. Tito sat beside Rob. They begin talking, instantly about the food here. I'm glad they've become good friends, as well.

"Here are your menus. Today special is the Turkey Steak with our famous white pournier wine. For the kids, turkey burgers or sandwiched with french fries or nuggets and a soda." The country lady, Stacy, said. She sat each menu in front of us. I stared at her the whole time she was setting the menu in front of Rob.

She looked nervous but remained calm. Back away, lady. He's mine.

"I think I'll get exactly that." I chimed to her, sarcastically but seriously at the same time. She noticed my weird tone. Rob glares at me, his eyebrows furried.

What?

"Me too." "So do I." My family comments, while I stare into Robert's eyes.

What are you looking at?

"Why don't we all get it?" Destiny asks.

I turn my gaze away. My fiancé is weird.

"Okay yeah. Unless, someone else wants something diffrent...?" I look at my aunts. They shake their heads 'no'.

"Then turkey steak it is!" I smile at the waiter. Who starts writing it all down, taking the kids orders, smiling then walks away.

"I will be right back with the drinks." She winks then walks away. I stared at her until she dissapeared.

"Eliany. Stop talking to her like that." Rob says in my ear.

My mouth falls. Words fail at me as I take in what he just said. Anger pierces through me. "Do you have any idea how she was devouring you with her eyes? Checking you out right in my face, like if I didn't exist? How nervous she was around you?" I was irritated. You could tell by the way my voice was coming out.

"Sort of like you, in the Old San Juan?" He smirks.

My eyes widen in shock.

"You loved that I did those things!" I whisper-yell.

"You and only you. Eliany, I do not need any woman's attention other than yours. You said I was beautiful when I was over weight. That girl would've never looked at me if I was fat." Rob encounters.

If Rob would've never stated that, I wouldn't have noticed how jelous and stressed I felt. He's right. His words relaxed me at the second.

I kiss his cheek, sweetly. The anger that was piercing through my body has now vanished.

"What is your family doing?" I ask Rob.

"Making turkey. After your family leaves, they want us to come over." He leans in for another kiss on the cheek.

I nod. "Okay."

My family, friends, Rob and I, ate our turkey steaks, talking in between bites. The steak was really good, it was very tasteful. It had mashed potatoes, and wedges to the side. I was full just by looking at it.

I had lots of laughs and took many pictures as I could with each of them. Robert was enjoying everything, just as I am. He gets along with everyone. He's just special like that.

Our lunch at the steakhouse is definitely a lunch to remember, forever.