Chapter 79

My notifications weren't working which was pissing me off bc I needed to update, but there working now.
Also didn't read over this bc I'm not at home so sorry for mistakes! 🙂
——
Few weeks later
Zions POV

"Are you excited Cj?"

The doctors cleared Cj for his release from the hospital. He isn't better obviously, but the fact that he's well enough to come home makes us all very happy.

"I miss my bed!"

Edwin and I laughed at his reply. Out of all the things he could have said, him missing his bed was his response.

I'm not gonna lie, Caleb has been the one who has been most kept together.

He smiles everyday, always cracking jokes at the right time, and constantly telling me how he can't wait to go outside and play some football with me.

"Is there anything else you miss?" "Real food. I've never appreciated mama's food so much. I will never complain about not wanting whatever you guys are making that night ever again. And I miss Alaïa."

"Really?" Edwin turned around so he could look at him. I don't think either of us were expecting him to say that.

"Really. Why do you sound so surprised?" "Because, for someone to argue with someone else and then say they miss them, it's a shocker."

"Well she's still my sister regardless. Even if we fight, I love her to death." "And she loves you too. Why don't you two just tell each other?"

"Because that's gross. Not everyone's close like you and Mimi mama." "It won't hurt to start being close."

"That's just not me and Alaïa's thing." "It could be one day, that's all I'm saying. But anyway, what are we doing when we get home?"

"At first I wanted to requests a movie night, but I think everyone's too tired to do that."

"No ones tired Cj. We're actually far from that. You want a family movie night, you got one." I told him, looking in the rear view mirror for a second.

"No really, it's okay. You guys have done enough." "And your coming home. It's a huge accomplishment mijo."

"But it's not the accomplishment we want." "We know, but it's one step closer right?"

"Right. I just wish this wasn't happening to me."

"Us too baby, us too."

I seen from the corner of my eye Edwin grab his hand for support.

No matter how strong Caleb is being about this whole thing, he's still a kid. He still has the right to be sad about his situation.

Now do I wish that I can make all of this better somehow? Yeah of course.

But no matter how much money we spend to get him the best treatment that we have access to, all we could really do was keep him comfortable.

I just want this to pass and for my boy to get back to himself, not too see him suffer any longer.

——

"Caleb! Oh my god!" Alaïa immediately pulled her brother in for a hug. She almost made the both of them fall.

I had never seen her so happy to see him before. Hell I had never seen them so close to one another recently. I don't think they've hugged since Caleb was six and she was nine.

They were closer back then. Always playing with one another, coloring, falling asleep in each other's bed.

Those times were my favorite.