Chapter 17

Edwins POV

All I've been doing is staying in my room and I only left when I needed to. Which was either to go to school or use the bathroom. And when it was time to eat, my mom would bring me my food so I didn't have to get out of bed.

It feels like Zion died.

It's so weird being away from him.

I heard a soft knock on my door.

"Come in."

Whoever it was I hoped that they didn't plan on staying long. I wanted to be alone.

"Edwin." "María?" I turned over and saw her standing at the door. "Can I come in?" "Please, of course." She got in bed with me, getting under the covers until she was in a comfortable position.

"I heard you've been going threw it." "It's really hard María." "Talk to me Edwin. We haven't talked in a long time." "What do you want to know?" "Everything. Tell me what's bothering you."

"Zion, I miss him."

"Edwin, he's not going anywhere." "But it feels like he's gone. He's never been in trouble this long before or had a case like this. This is serious."

"I know it is, but you have to be happy Edwin." "How am I supposed to be happy when he's in jail?" "Zion wouldn't want you walking around with this nasty attitude you've had since he got locked up." "Does it look like I give a fuck about how he wants me to feel?"

"Don't snap on me." "This whole thing is just fucked up María." "It is fucked up, but you gotta keep moving Edwin. You can't sit in bed all day when you get the chance. Locking yourself in the room isn't doing you any good."

"I don't have anything to do." "It's a Saturday and you have nothing to do?" "Ever since Zion got arrested everything has been different. The guys follow me everywhere, I always have to have my phone on me just in case he calls so I can talk to him, and I simply haven't been happy. I just wish Zion didn't hurt him, then none of this would be happening."

"Edwin as your sister I need to be straight up with you. Andre fucking hit you and you dating a gang banger, you didn't think Zion was gonna fuck him up?"

"I had hope that he wouldn't." "You're loco Eddie." "I'm gon tell you exactly what I told Zion. I thought that since I'm pregnant all of this gang shit would come to ease, but it didn't."

"I mean his dad is the leader Edwin, Zions gonna have to take that place one day, which is the sad truth." "He doesn't have to. He's scared that if he doesn't then something bad will happen." "You can't just expect him to tell his dad no, you have too much hope in this shit. His parents obviously don't give a shit bout you being pregnant."

"His parents don't know." "I'm sorry what? You like 5 months pregnant and they don't know!"

"I'm not 5 months, I'm just hitting the 3-month mark." "Okay, you say that like that's supposed to make this situation okay." "He's not ready." 

"So what? You gon be Kylie Jenner and hide yo whole pregnancy?" "No, he knows that I want him to tell them. And we were gon tell them together, but then he got arrested pushing our plans back."

"I have never seen Zion act like a pussy." "You don't understand hermana!" "I do understand! You are having his kid and he's choosing to keep it hidden." "Only for now!" "Zion being a pussy." "My nigga not a pussy María!"

"Why are you getting so defensive?" "I'm not, I'm just saying he's not one." "And I'm saying you should tell his parents asap." "And we are, there are more important things to worry bout right now." "Like what?"