Chapter 39

Zions POV

"Z!" "B!"

I haven't actually had time to spend some bro time with Brandon, Terrance or Austin. So since Brandon was free and I was free, I invited him over to hang out.

Plus, he doesn't really get time to bond with Alaïa, so this was also a good time for him to spend time with her.

"Where is she?" "She is in the living room getting into whatever she can get her hands on, so we better hurry."

I swear you couldn't blink your eyes before Alaïa would be in something she shouldn't.

Just like now.

"No no mamas. You don't mess with daddies stuff."

She had stood herself up using the T.V stand so she could try to grab one of my game controllers. But I quickly pulled her back and brought her to her toys like she was playing with before.

"Someone's very adventurous." "Tell me about it."

"Come here lay lay!" Brandon picked her up from the floor making her drop her toy which she was not happy about.

"Hey don't cry. I got something that'll cheer you up." He started tossing her in the air which only made everything worse.

She began to cry very loudly and I was really starting to get upset with Brandon. "I guess that didn't help." "No you idiot!"

She heard my voice and turned her head in my direction, crying even harder as she reached for me.

"I said come see her not scare her." I told him as I took her from him. "I'm sorry. I was just trying to be fun."

"It's okay lay lay, I know your uncle is an idiot." I stuck the pacifier that was clipped to her onesie in her mouth. She immediately calmed down and rested her head against my chest.

I felt her tiny hands grip on my shirt letting me know there was no chance in me putting her down yet.

"So she hates me, got it." "She doesn't hate you Brandon. You just can't pick up a baby and expect to do stuff like that with them. Especially Alaïa, she doesn't do very well with strangers. It's called stranger anxiety. Learned it from Edwin."

"So what do I do?" "You have to ease your way with her. Play with her while either me or Edwin are holding her and if she smiles or giggles, then you have the okay to hold her. But you messed up all around because you made her drop her favorite toy."

"Sorry man. I don't know a lot about kids." "Everyone has to learn sooner or later. Mine being way sooner than I expected. But it's okay. I have a healthy and beautiful baby girl. That's all I can ask for."

I felt her grip loosen and took the chance to sit her down on the floor again. She crawled her way over until she reached her toys again.

"You see. Now she's a happy baby again." "That was quick." "She has her days. She can be fussy for hours on end, but she'll calm down eventually."

"Where's Edwin?" "Shopping. Buying baby food, clothes, diapers, everything baby. But also he's grocery shopping for the apartment."

"How is it?" "How is what?" "Having your own place. Living on this side of town. As many times as I've been over here we never talk about it."

"It's definitely been a dramatic change. But once again, happy baby, happy boyfriend equals happy life. My kid means the world to me. And after Terrance and my dad, I knew I couldn't raise her in a environment like that. So I packed up our stuff and moved us here."