Chapter 7

Edwins POV

I woke up hoping Zion would be next to me, but he wasn't. I groaned as I sat myself up in the bed. I had a headache but I didn't drink last night so it must be from all this shit I have going on in my life. Between the Zion and Andre stuff, school, and me dealing with whatever sickness that has took over my body for the past week, I just want to lock myself in my room for the rest of my life.

I wish all my problems would go away because as each day goes on I seem to find a new way to make them worse. I knew I shouldn't have done what I did with Zion last night, but I know we both were feeling needy. We both wanted each other no matter how hard we tried to stay away. 

If I'm being honest, I'm ready to end things with Andre. I'm miserable with him.

The problem is if I break up with him that's gonna give Zion the okay to be with me. And I want Zion don't get me wrong, it's just I don't want a repeat of last night to happen again. I've already been through this with him once before and I'm not sure if I can do it again.

But sometime's love is so strong that it makes you forget about your fears.

so you know what, fuck it!

Zions wants me and I want him. I love him more than anything and I haven't shown him that like he shows me. He literally covered me when those shoots went off and to some that may not seem like anything but that means the world to me. Zion will literally die for me and someone who would do that is someone who I will spend the rest of my life with.

So with that being said, I'm breaking up with Andre and there isn't one thing that can change my mind.

"Hey bitch!" "Ahh, María not so loud." "What's wrong?" "I have a headache." "Party a little too hard on your Friday night?" "No, I think I have this cold or something. I've been feeling sick all week." "Uh oh. You not contagious are you?" "No, I just feel really bad." "Do you feel too bad to go to the mall with me?" "It's shopping, when do I ever turn that down?" "Never, I need some new clothes."

"You need new clothes or you want new clothes?" "Okay want, but papi gave us money and I know there's nun better to spend it on." "He gives us money but he still hasn't fixed my car?" "Appreciate Edwin." "I am appreciating it. I just want my car back." "You want me to beg him to do it? You know he always listens to me." "That's cuz you his favorite." "Exactly why I can get yo car fixed by tomorrow."

"Well yes! Tell him to fix it! I'm trying to get back to how things used to be." "Partying and going out every night." "I didn't party every night María." "Oh right I'm sorry, it was hanging out." "Exactly, hanging out with friends." "But you did party last night. Tell me bout that."

"You wanna know how I almost died?" "Died! How did that happen?" "So it was just a regular party at first but then Zion and his whole gang came. He was freaking out and was telling me to leave and stuff but I thought it was just cuz he didn't want to be around me. But then people started shooting, Zion pulled his gun out and I almost lost my life." "Why didn't you listen to Zion?! He was trying to protect you!" "I know he was, but I didn't realize that until after."

"So what else happened?" "He brought me home, he came inside and we..." "You hooked up again? Edwin come on!" "I know, I know don't yell at me." "What are we gunna do with you kid."

"Nothing cuz imma break up with Andre for real and I mean it this time. Last night with Zion was amazing. I can't let my fear get in the way of being with him. I love him and you don't treat someone you love like the way I've been treating him. He does so much for me, I mean who else is crazy enough to die for me? I have never seen someone put their life on the line for me like that."