Chapter 56

Zions POV

Although I've been working late nights, I'm blessed enough to be able to wake up to my babies every morning.

They're always up before me, but they never get their morning started without me.

Alaïa always finds her way in our bed every morning to watch her early morning cartoons, while Edwin checked his phone or figured out what our agenda was going to be for the day.

And whenever I did wake up, Alaïa was always the first to notice.

"Morning daddy!"

My favorite part about this was the fact that she always jumped on me to give me one of her sweet and loving hugs.

"Morning baby girl."

Then there was Edwin, who turned his body towards us to either record us or simply enjoy the moment.

"Good morning boo." "Good morning baby."

And that was the first part of our day.

Next was getting up to go brush our teeth. We all helped each other, us helping Alaïa more so that she could learn how to do it herself.

Next would be shower time, but we all hit the shower last night so we headed down stairs for breakfast.

Edwin usually made eggs because it was Alaïa's favorite. However this morning went a different way.

I seen him grab the Frosted Flakes from our pantry and got a smaller bowl for Alaïa.

"No eggs today?" "I don't feel good."

"Again? Boo maybe we should go to the doctors." "I told you Zion, no doctors please." "But this is your third time complaining."

"I know my body. I'm fine."

I knew he wasn't though. He hasn't been the same for a while now.

Edwin could be difficult to read sometimes and this was one of those scenarios where I couldn't figure it out and it sucked.

I always wanna be there for him to help him through everything. But when I can't help him like now, it makes me feel useless.

I seen him quickly grab onto the island as if he lost his balance for a second.

"Baby are you okay?" "I'm fine."

"You almost fell." "I'm just a little light headed." "Light headed my ass."

"Can you just finish giving her the cereal? I need to lay down." "Of course, I got it." "I'll be in bed."

See, light headed? Doesn't that mean something serious?

"Okay mamas, lets get you situated." I placed her in her high chair and pushed her in the living room.

Sometimes we roll her in so she can continue to watch her cartoons while she eats. Only sometimes though, Edwin doesn't like when we do it too much.

Especially when she has to go to daycare. He said something about it not being healthy for her learning.

I don't really know. Whatever he says I just believe him automatically.

After fixing Alaïa's cereal I brought it to her.

"Alaïa, what you wanna watch while you eat?" "Paw trol dada." She replied in a duh tone.

I was just asking a question, no need to get feisty.

We'll blame the feistiness on Edwin.

"Be careful mamas, try not to spill anything, I'll be right back." She didn't respond as she was too busy trying to eat.