Chapter 49

Zions POV

"Edwin! Alaïa spilled her food again!"

Alaïa's going through this phase where she's not really eating the food we give to her when we put her in her high chair.

Instead, she likes to eat whatever we may be eating when Ed and I are eating our dinner on the couch while she's supposed to be playing or eat all the junk food I like to eat at night.

Edwin gets mad at me for giving it to her, but Alaïa gets mad at me if I don't give it to her.

And I already promised my baby girl that she  can have whatever she wanted, so that means Edwin's opinion doesn't matter in this situation.

He would smack me if I said that to his face.

"Okay clean it up!" "What are you doing!" "Getting in the shower!"

He put her in the high chair and now I have to clean it up.

"Alaïa, eventually your going to have to stop this, you know that right?"

I tell him all the time that there's no point of putting her in her high chair to eat because she just plays with her food.

Literally she'll pick up the plate or bowl and turn it upside down. Making it go on the floor, on her tray, and sometimes even on her.

"Okay mamas did you get it on you...yeah you did. I think it's time for a bath."

I lifted her out of her high chair so I could take her to our bathroom.

"So much for taking a shower." I said to Edwin who was chilling on the bed looking at his phone.

"I was about to go take one right now." "Sure you were." "I was!" "Ed."

"Alright I was a little distracted by my phone." "I can see that." 

"Anyway, what are you doing?" "Laïa needs a bath. She spilled her food on herself." "Is that why your holding her like that?" "Yes. I don't want it to get on me."

"Really Zion?" "I really like this shirt."

"That onesie is brand new too. Give her to me. I want to put that onesie in the wash just in case it stains. Can you start her water?" "You got it."

Alaïa likes her water a certain way.

With lots of bubbles.

At least I think she does. Ever since we've stopped bathing her in the kitchen sink we had to come up with something that would keep bath time fun.

So one day, I put bubbles in the tub and now she seems to love bath time just like she did when she took one in the sink.

We didn't realize we were gonna have the same issue of getting her out of the tub until later on. But it's okay because she's always alright a few minutes later.

"Babe someone's at the door, could you get it? I didn't want to take Alaïa to the door without any clothes on."

"Who would be coming over at a time like this?" "I don't know. Maybe one of our friends. I'll bath Alaïa."