Comeuppance. (Part 1 of 3)

Start from the beginning

Jas'marieé: Oh. Bye.

He sighed and walked away from me. I saw Prince look at me, confused to why I was talking to Sevarion. He glared at Sevarion before walking over to me to tie his shoes up.

Prince: That nigga bothering you?

Jas'marieé: No. He was trying to talk to me, but I kept saying bye.

Prince: Doesn't he get the hint already?

Jas'marieé: Apparently not, but don't worry about him.

Prince: Aight. (stands straight) Wish me luck, nigga.

Jas'marieé: Just for that, I wish you luck.

Prince: (fakes laughs) Funny.

He stuck his tongue out at me and I smirked.

Jas'marieé: Don't stick your tongue out if you don't plan on using it, nigga.

Prince: Smart ass.

He laughed and gave me dap. I saw why girls were sweating Prince so hard in this class--he looked hot! He had on a pair of navy blue basketball shorts, a white wife beater that was very thin, and a pair of American flag Converse. He knew he looked good, so he wanted to show out. When he got back on the court, he turned around to me, only to catch me looking.

Prince: Don't hate on my swag from that far away.

I playfully rolled my eyes, giving him the finger. He turned around, only to realize Sevarion was in the game--on the opposing team. I heard Prince kiss his teeth, saying he didn't want Sevarion playing. Sevarion laughed.

Sevarion: What? You scared I might beat you at something?

Prince: Nigga, I could beat you in anything if I really wanted to.

Sevarion: Prove it.

Prince got into his place and sent a wink to me. I sent one back as he put his game face on. The whistle blew and Ravens Two checked the ball to Tequarn, who was on Ravens One with Prince. Tequarn made a pass to a boy named Isaiah, who then faked a pass to this boy named Eric, passing it to Prince. Prince dribbled the ball, try to decide if he wanted to fake a pass to Tequarn and send it to Eric, who was open by the basket. Prince changed his mind, dribbling all the way to the two-point line. As he tried to shoot, Sevarion came out of the woodwork and knocked Prince down, stealing the ball. Rosette blew the whistle, indicating it was a personal foul. This meant that Ravens One was granted two free throws, which pissed Sevarion off. Prince was mad as hell, but I knew he'd let it rock until it happened again.

The whistle blew again, and Prince took his two shots, only missing one. The game went back to normal for ten minutes until Prince got the ball back. This time, Prince was going to fake the pass. Sevarion stood in front of Prince, waiting for the right time to steal. He came too late when Prince faked a right pass, sending it to Isaiah. Prince began to run, but Sevarion slick tripped him by sticking his foot out. As Isaiah shot the winning three-pointer, tension started to get thick between Sevarion and Prince.

Prince: You motherfucker! You tripped me!

Sevarion: Maybe I did. Maybe I didn't.

Prince: Nigga, you tried it. (gets up) Now, I'm gonna fuck you up!

Prince pushed Sevarion. Sevarion began pressing Prince.

Sevarion: I wish you fucking would, nigga. I will swing your little Mexican ass across the damn border. Do something, nigga.

Prince: Hit me first. You can hit girls, right?! Bitch, jump!

Sevarion pushed Prince to the floor, setting everything off. Prince jumped up and cracked Sevarion right in nose, causing his body to bounce back. Sevarion's nose was leaking, which automatically pissed Sevarion off. Sevarion punched Prince hard in the face. Fists began to fly as shirts were being torn and blood from each of their noses stained the floor. Everyone on the bleachers made it hot by cheering them on. Rosette ran over to the boys--who were trying to choke each other--and tried pulling them off. The weight of the two was unbearably overpowering for Rosette's short, petite body, so she couldn't pull them apart. When they noticed Rosette's struggles, the other boys tried to help.