\1/

In the heart of the mountains lived a humble village that was protected by the huge amounts of snow, like a dragon protecting someone under its' wings. Some may see it as cramped or mini, but it was perfect for the people living there. They were their own people, not bothered by anyone. They would call themselves Mountain Campers; but they were known as the wolves. Not because they were wolves, but because they owned and tamed mountain wolves. These wolves helped them hunt animals since farming wasn't the best choice due to the climate they lived in. This village survived for over a hundred decades, protected by the wolves; animals and humans. With everyone knowing each-other, there wasn't a big place for hate. Although, that doesn't mean conflict never happened. But, it usually happened between the young people that are too feisty and hot-blooded.

Putting on his black combat boots, golden ring on his left thumb matching with the golden earring on his left ear, and the yellow handkerchief twisted around his left wrist, the young man with the purple hair left his small hut. He wrapped his soft hair with a black scarf as he was walking. His wolf spotted him and ran to him, but it wasn't given any attention to. He was too focused on adjusting his heavy backpack on his back. "Where do you think you're going to?"

A familiar voice was heard, but no reply was given. Getting stopped by this man's wolves since he wants an answer from this young man. "The sun hasn't even risen yet and you're leaving. Don't tell me you still want to go there?"

If a stranger walked by, they would misunderstand his tone as threatening. Behind the harsh tone was a caring personality and a worried father figure. "Deksu, I have to go. I can't stay here when you know I have goals to achieve. Take care of my wolf for me, will you?"

A huge sigh was the response, holding his hand tightly, "listen very carefully to me young man," with eye contact intense as ever, he said, "you better come back alive."

A warm smile rose upon his face, readjusting the scarf around his hair, no reply needed from him. He squeezed his hand and petted his wolf goodbye. He left the village.

       With a long road ahead, he started his trip early, and caught the sunrise a little after he left. It was like every other sunrise he has seen, however, this one felt a little special. The hardest part of his trip was getting down from the mountains. The snow made his task a little more challenging, but his will to get down before sunset was too strong. As he walked down, every tree was familiar, and he hated that. The wind howled harshly, but the scarf protected his most sensitive spot; his ears. "This trip is going to be longer than I thought," he whispered to himself.

     A scream was heard. He turned swiftly as he was jumped on. Falling on the snow, he opened his eyes and saw one of his friends giggling. "Caught you!"

    With a huge relief it wasn't an attack, he pushed the boy off of him. "Hwan, do this one more time and you will see the person above very soon!"

     A blonde beauty he was, as his name he smiled brightly. "I heard you were leaving, I had to scare you like this for not saying goodbye to your favorite guy." Hwan stood up and helped the young man up with him.

     "For a reason; I don't want you clinging on to me like a glue." He huffed while trying to stand up on the snow again.

     Hwan accepted his comment, "Well you thought right, Jimin!" He patted his back and showed him his backpack, "I'm coming with you."

     Readjusting his scarf, for the millionth time he believed, he laughed, "no, you aren't." Not believing the boy at all. He didn't need to think it over at all. For years, he tried leaving but Hwan made him stay in that village. Hwan was born in there and wants to keep living there, for forever. Unlike Jimin, he liked the mountains.

     Hwan started walking, leaving Jimin behind, "Hurry, we can't waste precious time, I can still see the village!"

     Jimin was taken back a bit, but hasn't fully believed what was happening. "Hwan, you can't fool me. I know you aren't leaving your precious village behind."

      Hwan kept going ignoring his remark, so the young man caught up and held his collar. They were the same height. "Tell me you are fucking with me." He said with a serious tone.

    "I'm not." Hwan laughed, but replied seriously enough for Jimin to finally believe him.

    "I don't get it," Jimin started walking with him, "I try to convince you for years to leave with me, but the year I don't, you come?"

    Hwan stopped to take out a red scarf from his backpack, "I'm just going to drop you off. I'm not staying there with you."

    The young man also stopped as he helped him wrap the red scarf around his blonde hair with a concerned smile, "you want to drop me off? This isn't the forest next to us. This is a really far trip, Hwan."

       Happy with the way his scarf was wrapped, he smiled, "I need to know you are safe and sound before I let you leave."

    With that sentence that warmed Jimin's heart a little too much, he shook his head and hurried down the mountain. "Dumb ass." He whispered to him. "Hope you brought your own food because I ain't sharing."

      With a lot of walking, talking, and dragging their feet, they came down the mountain right before sunset. With very heavy breaths, maybe a little dramatic breaths from Hwan, and a lot of dramatic acting, "I feel like I'm going to die, I need air!" He cried out loud.

   "Dude, just breathe, it ain't that hard." Jimin was a bit annoyed with his theatrical act.

    They found a log and sat down for the first time to eat. Jimin had rice with rolled seaweed and Hwan was enjoying some meat his wolf hunted for him days ago. "I really thought I was going to die." He commented as his mouth was full of food.

    Jimin giggled happily that his friend joined him on this trip, "I wouldn't let you die." He said with a sincere yet comical tone. "I think you're crazy. You really are. Following me down and wanting to drop me off at the Academy. You are setting a really high standard for any love interest I'm going to have."

    Resting his red scarf on his shoulders, letting his blonde hair breathe, "love? You wouldn't know how to love with your personality." He laughed at his own joke.

    Jimin rolled his eyes and pushed Hwan away, "go back home. Right now. I don't want you to drop me off anymore."

   Hwan scooted closer and smiled, "hey, I know you will miss me as soon as I leave. What's the deal with that Academy anyways? Also, how are you affording to pay for it. I know for a fact that you don't have a lot of money."

    Jimin slowed his chewing down, he smiled at his friend and finished up his food, "someone is sponsoring me there. An old friend of my mom's." He looked away avoiding eye contact with Hwan.

     The boy also finished up his food and drank some water, "oh, I didn't know that you knew your mom's friends after her passing."

    His attention went back to Hwan, and with a hurried answer, he said, "I just do." There was silence, a little awkward silence. "But the Academy will be good for me. I need to learn some skills there. I heard it's all fancy there, nothing like the mountains for sure."

   Hwan was bitter by that comment. "Nothing is going to replace home, Jimin."

—\1/—

     First impressions?! :3