Plastic Bags Dancing In The Winter Wonderland

It was a glorious Sunday afternoon. The marvelous blue sky was crystal clear, the sun was shining bright, and the weather was just perfect. It didn't feel like it was winter at all, thanks to the most extreme case of global warming anyone had ever seen. 

Five stunning ladies occupied a window booth at the popular eatery, Death By Decadence, polishing off their meals and waiting for the check to arrive. 

Sitting on the west side of the table, nearest to the window, was Scarlett Rose. With wild, fiery red hair and alluring dark green eyes, she busied herself with a fashion sketch to prepare for the launch of her spring clothes line. 

Next to her sat Divya Copper, a tall beauty with dark brown hair - a stroke of sapphire accenting her lush curls - and violet eyes, which were hidden behind shades. She sipped on Winter Chai Tea as she indulged in a word puzzle.

Sitting on the north side of the table, having pulled up one of the intricately designed dining chairs, was Zane Zamora, an equally tall, yet starkly different flower. With long, straight lavender hair streaked through with ivory, her gorgeous silver eyes focused hard on her jewels and filigree catalog. She circled the items she wanted to order with black and red Sharpie markers.

On the east side of the table, sitting on the open end, was a fun sized belle named Desiree Moore. With wavy blonde hair, blue eyes, and adorable freckles, she was a vibrant sight as she arranged some case files of her hypnotherapy clients. 

Last but not least, sitting at the window beside her, was the majestic vision, Saber Blacke. She was of middle height, and long black hair piled high on her head in various sized braids and curls. Her shock of light green eyes scanned determinedly over what looked like a script. She frequently jotted different notes on the paper until not a single spot was left blank.

They were all absorbed in their tasks until someone finally approached the table, setting the bill down and beginning to collect the plates that were stacked in the center. 

"Did you enjoy your meals, ladies?" the man asked in his silky baritone. He was spectacularly dressed, and with his twinkling golden eyes and his slicked back alabaster hair - with a strand of amethyst - it was hard to resist his blatant charm.

"Everything was exquisite, as always, Zain," Desiree remarked, smiling brightly at him.

"I do try my very best. How's the hypnotherapy working out?"

"Booming, as usual," she replied, patting the accordion folder that contained her private files. "I get so many new clients on a daily basis, I'm surprised I can even keep up."

"You should consider hiring a secretary. I'm free on weekends," he suggested, winking playfully. "And the clothing line?"

"I'm working on my crown jewel now," offered Scarlett, dusting off the eraser shavings to hold her creation up to the light. "I might consider modeling this one myself."

"Or, you know, you could commission an actual model," retorted Divya, setting down her teacup to shoot her a look. 

Scarlett completely ignored her to return to her sketch. Zain chuckled and regarded Divya.

"Work is going slow? No model calls?"

"Oh, never that," she vetoed, making a dramatic gesture. "I actually need a vacation, I get so many jobs. I mean, just who do you think you're talking to?"

"Oh right, you're a supermodel. So sorry," he said sarcastically, turning to Saber. "And how's the latest play coming along?"

Saber was so engrossed with her work, she didn't hear the question, and so he laughed, placing a hand Zane's shoulder. 

"Well, how's the jewelry business?"

"No orders yet," she answered, not taking her eyes from the catalog. "I'm looking to make some new creations before the tourists start to arrive."

"Remarkable idea. Just make sure I get first dibs on the new stuff," he jabbed, sharing a laugh with her. "Well, it was great catching up with you ladies. Just call me back when you're-"

His sentence was cut off when Scarlett's phone started to ring. Dropping her pencil and raising her hand to shush everyone, she picked up on the second prompt.

"Yolo? Oh, hi, Ezio!" she said excitedly, drawing everyone's attention. "Huh? He's away on business? Awww, are you there alone? What? Really?!" 

Her eyes lit up as everyone leaned in expectantly. "I would love to! I mean, I don't mind closing up shop for a while. I can do what? Really?!" she squeaked higher. Everyone squirmed, desperate to hear the news. "Are you sure something like that is okay? Alright, I'll tell them right away. I'll be there tomorrow, first thing. Okay, love you. Bye bye~"

She finally hung up the phone and inhaled sharply. She laughed nervously at everyone's murderous expressions and waved her hands.

"Okay, so as you all know, since you rudely eavesdropped this whole time, that was my baby brother, Ezio," she began, "annnd, I haven't told any of you this, but a couple of months back, Ezio stumbled across an excellent job opportunity, and took it up immediately." 

Everyone nodded, waiting for her to go on. She paused for dramatic effect before leaning in, her eyes wondrously wide. "Ezio got a job as the apprentice to Alfred Pennyworth."

The entire table exploded with gasps.

"You mean the butler of the Bruce Wayne?!" Desiree squeaked. "How could you hide something THIS big from us?!"

"Yes!" Scarlett chirped excitedly. "I mean, I wasn't trying to hide it; it just slipped my mind. Anyway, he just called to tell me that Mr. Wayne has left the mansion for a week long business trip, and Mr. Pennyworth is allowing him some company!"

The table jeered loudly before Zain hushed them vehemently so that they didn't disrupt the other customers.

"Of course, I'm inviting all of you to come spend the week with me at Wayne Manor," Scarlett expressed smugly. "That is . . . if you can get out of work for that long."

"Count me in," Divya chirped.

"Well, my play doesn't open until two weeks from now, and rehearsals start next week," remarked Saber. "I can come as long as I get these edits finished and sent out by Wednesday."

"I could use some inspiration for my new designs. I'm definitely coming," replied Zane.

"I do need a breather from all of my patients," Desiree fretted. "It probably won't be much of a vacation for me, since my clients will undoubtedly blow up my phone, but I can't pass on this opportunity!"

"Great! Then it's all set. We're heading out tomorrow~" Scarlett informed.

"You ladies have a blast," Zain sighed, clearly envious of the group. "You better give me the scoop when you come back."

Scarlett looked at him incredulously. "What the hell are you talking about?" she spat. "You are certainly coming."

Zain looked taken aback, his cheeks flushing in astonishment. "W-who, me? No, I couldn't-"

"Zain!" the table chorused.

" . . . I can't believe we're going to Wayne Manor!" he squealed ecstatically. The table erupted with cheers again, causing the rest of the establishment to groan in annoyance. 

Zain looked around before returning his attention to them. 

"Yup. I am definitely shutting this place down. There's no way in hell I'm gonna miss this to stay stuck here," he murmured. "In fact, I'm going home to pack right now.

He snatched the check off the table and winked at them. 

"This one is on me. We'll carpool in my minivan. See you ladies tomorrow?"

"Absolutely," they sang, sharing a boisterous laugh once more.