My New Family Part 3

The former secretary is now the boss wife. The employees greet her politely.
She smiles. In her dream, she always act haughty and act someone special. She came in this company to show off in the employee who once treated her like a gold digger.

"Oh, shut up. How are you guys?" But she won't make the same mistake. She already swore to be a down to earth woman.
The receptionist is her friend. She always eat with her when she was still an employee. How stupid is she to ignore this woman after being rich? She really is a bit cruel in her dream.

"April, you, you treated me like I am not your friend." Menchi pouts her lips.

"How can I? I will be struck by lightning if I turn my back to you." She joke and link arms with her.

"Hmp. Then why didn't you tell me that you are seeing boss? I only found out through our co workers that you married him."

"Don't be jealous. I know you have feelings for the boss." She smiles.

MEnchi reddened and slap her arm.
"Naughty! Who likes your husband? Stay away from me. You disgust me." she said angrily but April knows she is not really mad.
If she is mad she will not talk to her.

"Menchi, you. Anyways, I am here to see the boss. Ask him to let me in."

"Why don't you just walk your way there? Its not like you don't know how." Menchi said.

April smiles and link arms with her again.
"You know that the boss doesn't like a brazen woman. Just ask him for me if he is not busy."

Menchi smiles.
She is happy that April didn't change just because she is now the boss wife.

"You still remember that but you forgot that before you always insist that the one you like is Manager Sanchez?"

April flushed red and she pouts lovingly.
"I still like him. You. Just call my husband."

MEnchi laughs. She knows that April only meant that Manager Sanchez is her crush and not in love with him.

"Again. What are you thinking while working?" Richard have a headache. The secretary is trembling in front of him. He wanted to call the HR department and send this woman away.
Her records says she is competent but her works says otherwise.

The phone ring and he answers it.
"Boss, your wife is here and she asks if it is okay to see you."

Richard sigh. He at least release the bad aura in his body and ask the secretary to go.
"Why is she asking? Just let her up."

"Yes Sir."

Richard is very satisfied with his new wife. She is considerate. She is making efforts to get close to his son. She is not excessive and clingy. She is not even acting out of her boundary and went to ask his opinion if he wants to see her.
But why is she here? Could it be she meet someone rude at school and here to complain?

April see the new secretary crying in her desk before. She is hiding her sorry face and muffled herself.

"Hey."
The startled secretary stands up.
"S-sorry Maam. Do you have an appointment?" she asks timidly.

April smiles.
In her dream she ignore this secretary until Richard replace her.
"Do not look at him in the eyes. It is nerve wrecking right. Look at other part, let's say to the space in the middle of his brows. I am his former secretary so I know how hard it feels to have a perfectionist boss but this is a very fulfilling job. The pay is good and the benefits are the best. Do not let yourself get distracted when he is giving you a job. Do not ask how to do it and figure it out. He hates incompetent people. He won't give you task beyond your ability. Trust him a bit more.And....I am your Boss Wife." She said before she knock on the door.

"Come in."

Richard saw April who is wearing a white shirt and maong shorts. Exactly how she looks this morning.

"Why are you looking like that?"
Richard frown.
Now that he thinks about it, it is strange for her to be wearing casual clothes in this office.
"Why not? I am not an employee." She said.

"You are still my wife."

April giggles.

"What's wrong?" Richard asks.

"You never call me wife like that. It sounds nice."

Richard stare at April's blushing face and he founds her cute.

"I will call you wife often then."

She giggles again but says nothing about it.
"I ask the teacher, Red's teacher to change his seat. Our son is a bit anti social so I wish he can play with this cute classmate of his."

"Do what you see fit."
Richard says softly. He is happy to hear the words 'our son' coming out of her mouth. It feels good but not too clingy in his opinion.

"And.."

"And?"

"Be a bit nice with your secretary."

"She is not as competent as you were."

April face brighten.
She reach out and pinch Richard cheek.
"You. You are so cute. Like Red." She said.

Richard is not use to skin to skin approach so he unknowingly slap her hand.
April is shock but she only rubs her hand.
She thought, 'oppss, I cross my boundary. Not good.'

Richard wants to apologize seeing April rubs her hand but she beats him to it.

"I think you are right. I should buy a bit more clothes. I can't wonder around wearing my old clothes."
She blatantly change the topic.

Feeling sorry for her, he took out a silver card and hand it to her.

"What is this?" she curiously took it. She already received her card that has her monthly allowances so this one is not hers.

"Use it to buy yourself something good."

This never happen in her dream so she is very shock. She nods and smile. Even she wants to hug him she refuse to be slap to death so she only smile sweetly.
"Thank you husband. I will buy a lot of clothes with this. No one will call your wife cheap anymore." She said.

Richard chuckles and with a smile sends her out.
April happily gone straight to the shopping mall. She knows that she can afford the high end mall now but since the same brand can be bought in lower price she refuse to go to the high end mall and be ripped off.
She happily bought herself clothes she only dream to have and she not forget to buy something to her husband and son. With her own money she also bought something for her mother and father. If her father learn it is something from his husband, he will surely won't accept it.