Epilogue

It's been 2 months since Luke's funeral. Nathan and I have decided to go on the honeymoon we never got to go on. Our plane leaves in 2 days and we were current packing our suitcases.

We've decided to go away for 2 weeks to sort out our heads and to have time away.

"How are you doing?" Nathan asks as I smile.
"I'm okay." I reply as Nathan helps me with my bags.

We were going to Paris and since it was the end of spring and going in to summer, Paris was really nice and warm this time of year.

"Nathan, do you think we would still be going on this trip if Luke was here?" I ask as Nathan stops what he's doing.
"Yes." He says blankly before starting to do up my bag.
"Yes? Is that all I'm gonna get out of you?" I say as Nathan ignored me, "Fir the last 2 months, all I get from you is one word answers or I get ignored. What is your problem?" I ask as Nathan turns to me.
"My problem? You really think I have a problem? Let's see who really has a problem, shall we?" Nathan starts to raise his voice, "Who was the one giving me the silent treatment leading up to Luke's funeral? Who was the one in denial that our son passed away? Who was the one who has been in denial since the first day we met?" Nathan shouts as I back my hair away from him.

He keeps reeling off every wrong thing that I had done since we met as the tears stream down my face.

"Nathan. Please stop." I cry as he kneels in front of me.
"You are the one one with the problem." Nathan says before walking out as I sit in my chair.

I bury my face in my hands and sob until my throat and eyes hurt.

"Eva, I'm sorry, love." Nathan says, coming back into the room about 20mins later.
"I didn't mean to do so many things wrong, Nathan. I'm only human." I say as Nathan pulls me out of my chair and into his lap, rocking us slowly.
"I know, I know. I'm so so sorry, Eva." Nathan says cuddling me and I grip into his shirt and cuddle him back.

Nathan and I stay sat like this for a few more minutes.

"We can do this, Eva. Just no more denial."