Chapter 7

Once Paige had left, Nathan sat next to me to watch The Hangover parts 1 and 2. Just as the film was getting good, all the power went out, leaving Nathan and I in complete darkness.

"Okay, I think the tripper switch has gone off. I'll go check." Nathan says before he leaves me.

5 minutes later, Nathan comes back and lights some candles.

"It's not the tripper. I think we're just having a minor power cut." He says.
"Great. I was just getting into the film too." I say as he laughs.
"It's okay. We can play a game?" Nathan suggests as I agree and turn my wheelchair to face him.
"Wanna sit on the sofa?" He asks as I nod before he pics me up and places me down on the sofa in front of him.

We decide to play truth or dare. It was a bit childish but at the same time, I think it helped us get to know each other. I'm not entirely sure why he chose it but, it was fun nonetheless.

"Okay, last one." Nathan says, "Truth or dare?" He asks me as I think for a moment.
"Dare." I say as Nathan as I see him smirk in the dim light.
"Kiss me." He says as I look away from him.
"You have a girlfriend." I say as he shrugs.
"You've never kissed anyone." He retaliates as I shake my head.
"I want my first kiss to be special." I reply as he sighs.
"Fine. I'm kind of tired. Goodnight." Nathan says leaving me alone in the living room.

I sigh and blow out the candles before helping myself into my wheelchair and making my way to my room. I switch my phone light on before grabbing my pyjama shorts and a tank top and trying to get changed.

Once I'd managed to get changed, I pulled myself onto my bed and got comfy before turning my phone off, leaving it on the bedside table.

I sighed before sighing and turning my head to the side, now facing the window. I sigh once more before closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

~~~

When I wake up in the morning, I see Nathan walking in holding a tray with my breakfast on it.

"This is to apologise for the game last night. I shouldn't have asked you to kiss me. It was wrong of me and I respect that you haven't had your first kiss yet..." Nathan trails off, "I know I have a girlfriend and I shouldn't have wanted to kiss you either and I know we don't know each other well enough yet either and I'm sorry. I didn't know what I was thinking and I hope you can forgive me. Considering it will be a bit hard to live under the same roof with someone that hates me." He adds on, handing me to tray as I place it on my legs.
"It's okay. I mean, I was only thinking of Paige. It had nothing to do with me wanting my first kiss to be special, it's just... Paige would be so heartbroken..." I trail off as Nathan waits for me to finish, "I've seen the way she looks at you, Nathan. She really loves you. I've seen the way you look at her too. You really love each other and you're perfect together. Don't lose that." I say as he sighs.
"You're wrong, Evadine. I don't love Paige. I haven't for a while now and I just wanted an excuse to break up with her." He says as I sigh.
"Nathan, you don't need an excuse. Be honest with her. Tell her the truth. It'll hurt her for a while but, she'll get over it. She deserves to know the truth." I say as he nods.
"You're right. I need to do it now. I can't put it off any longer." Nathan says before kissing the top of my head, "See you soon." He says as I sigh and bite into my toast.

I hope it goes well for him.