Chapter 33

~3rd month~

Today was that day that Nathan and I were going for our first ultrasound.

"Nath, get up." I shake him as he squeezes his eyes shut.
"Yeah?" He questions as I roll my eyes.
"We got the ultrasound in an hour and half." I say as Nathan nods and starts to get up.

He helps me out of bed and into my chair before I grab some clothes and take myself in the bathroom. I mage to pull myself into the chair in the shower before showing quickly.

"Umm... Nath!" I shout as I hear the bathroom door opening.
"What's up?" He asks as I open the shower door.
"Help me?" I ask as he smiles, waiting for me to turn the shower off.

Once I turned the shower off, Nathan helped me dry and put my underwear on before putting me in my chair. I manage to finish my dressing myself before going back into the bedroom and blow drying my hair.

Once I dried my hair, I left it down before putting on a little bit of makeup. Once I was fully done, Nathan walked back in.

"Woah, Eva. You look gorgeous." He said as I looked at myself.
"Really?" I ask as he nods, "I literally only threw on a pair of jeans and a shirt..." I trail off as Nathan kisses me.
"No matter what you wear, you always look gorgeous." Nathan says as I smile and thank him.

XX

Once we got to the hospital, we signed in before going to the right ward and waiting for our names to be called.

"I'm nervous." I say as Nathan takes my hand.
"Don't be nervous, Eva. We're seeing our baby for the first time. Are you gonna be nervous when we actually get to meet it?" Nathan asks as I laugh a little.
"Yeah, I guess. I mean, I'm nervous meeting new people." I say smiling.
"Meeting our baby will be different, Eva. You'll already know our baby like you've met them hundreds of times before." Nathan says as I smile.
"Mr and Mrs. Sykes!" We heat the doctor as we follow him into the room.

Nathan picks me up and lays me on the bed as the doctor smiles.

"Okay, so please lift up your top and well start the scan." The doctor says as I nod, "Okay so, first thing we do is find the heartbeat."

Soon enough we hear the sound of a little drum fill the room.

"That's the heartbeat. Now let's have a look at your baby." The doctor says turning the screen so Nathan and I can see before a picture shows up.

"There's your baby." He says as I see a tiny baby shaped on the screen.

My eyes start to fill up with tears and look at Nathan. Nathan takes my hand and smiles at me. His eyes were full of tears too.

"That's our baby?" He asks as the doctor nods and I smile.
"Nathan, that's our baby." I say as the doctor finishes the scan.
"I'll go print out the pictures for you both." The doctor says as Nathan wipes the fell off my stomach.

Nathan places me back in my chair before hugging me tightly as I hug him back.

"That was our baby." I whisper as Nathan kisses me softly.
"I love you so much." Nathan says as I kiss him again.
"I love you so much too." I reply as the doctor hands us the scan pictures and a folder explaining how everything will pan out.

XX

Once Nathan and I get home, we ring our families and Jackson to let them know how the scan went and that we'll be delivering a picture to them soon.

"Heard anything about Julian?" Nathan asks after we finished talking our families and Jackson.
"No. He's still really mad." I say as Nathan sighs and hugs me, letting me lay my head on his lap.
"He'll be okay, Eva." Nathan says as I nod.

I hope so.

XX

Okay guys, so the next chapter is where the baby is born. I wanna try not to make them too long but, yano.

Enjoy! x