Chapter 4

Jackson's Pov.

~ 2 weeks later~

It's been 2 weeks since the accident and Eva still hasn't woken up yet. Nathan has also been visiting a lot since it happened. He's been coming down every two days or so, just to check up on how Eva's doing and if I'm okay. I sigh before I hear my phone ringing.

I check the caller ID to see that it's Ethan as I smile slightly and answer the call.

(J - Jackson, E - Ethan)
J: Hey.
E: Hey. How are you?
J: Eh, I'm alright I guess. Eva still hasn't woken up.
E: I hope she wakes up soon. I still can't believe that happened to you guys.
J: I know. I can't believe I came out fine but, Eva. It's not looking too good for her.
E: Why not?
J: If she doesn't wake up today, the doctors are gonna cut off her life support. Apparently, they need the bed. She has also broken two of her ribs, both her legs and part of her spine. We don't know if she'll be able to walk or not.
E: Jackson, I'm so sorry.
J: Hey, don't apologise. I'm fine, you're fine, Eva is gonna be fine.
E: She will be. I know it.
J: Look, Ethan. I've gotta go. Nathan just turned up but, I'll talk to you later, yeah?
E: Sure. Bye.

The line goes dead as Nathan hands me a cup of coffee.

"Was that your brother?" Nathan asks as I shake my head.
"No. It was guy that I had a crush on since year 8. We went on a date the night before we came here." I explain as Nathan nods.
"So, you've been on a date with this guy and you like him, he clearly likes you. What you gonna do about it?" Nathan asks as I shrug.
"Nothing." I simply say as Nathan looks at me confused.
"Nothing? You're gonna do nothing?" Nathan asks as I nod, "You both clearly like each other. Do something about it." Nathan says as I shake my head.
"I can't. He still lives in Lincoln and I'm all the way over here." I say as Nathan smiles at me.
"Long distance works. As long as you both put in effort, you can make it work." Nathan says as I smile and look over at Eva.

She was still and peaceful and I didn't want to lose her. I couldn't lose her.

"You really love her, don't you?" Nathan asks as I nod.
"Yeah. She's my best friend. She's been my best friend since nursery." I say as Nathan places his hand on my shoulder.

I smile at him before I hear a sound coming from Eva's bed. I look over to see her moving her head slightly before her eyes flutter open.

"Eva? Nurse?" I say, getting a nurse to help Eva.

Once the nurse had done what she needed to do, she went to get a doctor as I walked up to Eva's bed and held her hand.

"Hey." She says, her voice croaky, before smiling slightly as I smile and let the tears fall.
"Hey." I reply as she smiles.

Evadine's Pov.

"I thought I was gonna lose you." Jackson says as I smile at him and kiss his hand.
"I'm not leaving you yet. I promise." I say as I see another guy sat in the room, "Jax?" I ask as he looks at me.
"Yeah?" He asks as I look between him and this random guy.
"You got a boyfriend?" I ask, motioning towards this guy as he watches us.
"No. That's Nathan. He helped us out of the car and he gave you CPR. He saved your life, Eva." Jackson says as I smile at this Nathan dude.
"Thank you." I say as he smiles, "I owe you for saving my life so, thank you." I add on as he smiles.
"No problem."

A nurse walks in and informs me that a doctor will come and see me later and give me a diagnosis before visiting hours are over. Jackson sits beside my bed holding my hand and talking me through what happened and how he was okay while this Nathan dude just sat there awkwardly, not saying anything.

"Shall I get some coffee?" Nathan pipes up as I look at him and smile.
"Tea, please. White, 2 sugars. Jackson?" I ask as Jackson shakes his head.
"N thanks. I don't drink hot drinks." He says as Nathan nods and leaves.

When Nathan returns, he hands me my cup before a doctor walks in.

"Good afternoon Miss. Relish. Unfortunately, I have some bad news. There is no good news today." The doctor says as I look at him.
"Don't hesitate. Just tell me." I said preparing myself for the worst.
"Well, I got a letter for you." He says handing me the letter as I see it's from this exact hospital, "And the bad news is you've damaged your spine completely. Unfortunately, you won't be able to walk again. Ever. I'm so sorry." He says, leaving the room.
"Eva..." Jackson trails off as my eyes fill with tears.
"Jackson. Leave. Please." I say.
"Eva..." Jackson starts again as I turn to him.
"Just leave, Jackson. Take Nathan with you." I stop, "Go! Now!" I shout as they both leave the room.

I need time to process this. I will never walk again. I'm gonna be stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of my life and there's nothing I can do about it. Hopefully, this letter would have some good news.

I rip the letter open before reading it but, no. More bad news. They've denied and rejected my application because I'm now disabled. This is just what I need. I break down and just sob into my hands. This can't be true. I must be able to walk. 

This isn't real, right? When my legs heal, I'll be able to walk again.

I know I will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey juicers!!

Here's my next chapter. I know they're not good and there's LOADS of dialogue but, trust me, it'll get better.

Enjoy!

Vote
Comment
Follow Me!

Love Y'all!

Cee x