Chapter 16

After I woke up last night, I'd decided to go back to sleep and leave Nathan asleep next to me. The only problem was, I woke up to him looking at the bandage around my arm.

"Eva, why is there a bandage around your arm?" Nathan asks as I start to panic through my head.
"Uhm..." I trail off as he grabs my arm and starts to unwrap the bandage.

I try to pull my arm away but Nathan keeps his grip frim and carries on unwrapping my arm. Once he got to the padding, he pulled away before seeing all of my cuts, letting his eyes grow wide. He looks up at me with a pale face, shock spread all over.

"Eva.." He trails off as I yank my arm away from him and turn away from him, "Eva, why'd you do it?" He asks as I stay silent.

I hear him sigh before he places his hand on my shoulder and turns me towards him.

"Eva, I don't understand. Please. Let me understand." He says as I look down.
"I hate being like this, Nathan. I hate being disabled. I don't feel like me. I know you said that I can still be me and that I am still the old me but, I just don't feel it. I hate being like this." I say as Nathan wraps his arms round me, "I also hate that we are having this weird ass affair. We've kissed twice and you keep kissing my head and treating me like your girlfriend but, I am not your girlfriend and it kills me that I'm not." I say as Nathan sighs.
"Eva..." He trails off.
"I'm not finished." I say as he nods, "I hate that I'm in love with you and you're not doing anything about it. It hurts that you're not doing anything about the fact that you've fallen in love with me too and I just... I've never had a boyfriend and I'm a virgin and it just sucks that the first guy I've ever fallen in love with doesn't want to do anything about mine or his feelings." I finish as Nathan looks at his hands and stays silent.
"Evadine..." Nathan trails off, "I'm sorry." He adds on as I stay silent.

I have nothing else to say. I've said my peace and that's the way I'm leaving it.

"Be ready by 6. I'm taking you out tonight." Nathan says as I look at him.
"In my wheelchair?" I ask as he nods.
"I'm not ashamed to be seen with anyone disabled." He says as I shake my head.
"It's not that. I'm just ashamed to be in a wheelchair." I say as he smiles.
"Embrace it and be proud of who you are, Eva." Nathan says as I smile slightly.

Nathan leaves the room as I sigh and look around my bedroom.

Why does he want to be seen with me? Plain little Evadine... Why?