Chapter 28

Today was the day that Nathan and I were gonna find out if I can carry our child. I was nervous but also excited at the same time.

"Eva, you ready?" Nathan asks, walking out of the bathroom as I smile at him and nod.
"As ready as I'll ever be." I say as Nathan smiles.
"Everything is gonna be fine, okay? We'll be able to have a happy and healthy little baby, no matter what." Nathan says as I nod and he takes me to the car before helping me get in.

I do up my seat nearly as Nathan locks up before getting in the drivers seat and started he car.

XX

We make it to the doctors surgery before Nathan pushes me into the waiting room. Nathan goes to sign us in before sitting in one of the chairs beside mine.

"You okay?" He asks as I nod.
"Umm... I think so. I don't feel too good." I say as Nathan checks my forehead.
"Babe, your temperatures fine but you've gone really pale. What's wrong?" He asks as I shrug.
"I think I'm just nervous. I'm really scared, Nathan." I say as he takes my hands,"I mean, I know I'm fertile but, what I he says that I can't carry our baby. I really want to." I say as Nathan kisses me softly.
"You will be able to carry our baby. I can feel it." Nathan says as I smile at him and hug him.
"I hope so." I say.

A little after our conversation, the doctor calls our name as I start to feel sick from the nerves.

Nathan pushes me into the doctors office and explains our situation as the doctors nods.

"It is common for people in your situation to come in and ask if they'll be able to carry their baby." The doctor says as I nod, "However, there will be complications, if you can carry the baby." The doctor adds on as I look at Nathan.
"What... What complications?" I ask as the doctor looks at me then at Nathan and back to me.
"First of all, you won't be able to have a natural birth. Because of your situation and the fact that you can't feel anything, you will have to give birth by Cesarian." The doctor explains before going through the other complications.
"So..." I trail off as Nathan takes my hand.
"We're gonna have to do a few test and then we'll give you a call in the next few days to let you know if you can carry your own baby." The doctors says as he runs through the test procedures.

Once the doctor dismisses is, Nathan pushes me to the car. We start the drive him as I stay silent.

Nathan takes me to the living room as I place myself on the sofa, laying my head on Nathan's lap.

"You okay?" Nathan asks as I nod and smile.
"Yeah, I guess so." I reply and Nathan kisses my forehead.
"Everything will be fine. We'll be able to have a baby and it'll be happy and healthy and so will you." Nathan says as I smile at him, "On the plus side, after the birth, you'll forget about the pain as soon as he place our child in your arms." Nathan says as I smile at him.
"I mean, a C-section can't be too bad, right? My mom had to have a C-section with Julian and Sasha." I say as Nathan nods.
"And your mom is perfectly fine." Nathan says as I nod.
"Sasha was such a cute baby. I remember being there after she was born and my dad introducing me to her. Even mom said that once we were all born and we were in her arms, all the pain went away and that was the happiest moment of her life." I say as Nathan smiles.
"Exactly. Everything is gonna be okay." Nathan says as I smile and take his hand.
"I hope so."