Chapter 23

I wake up in the morning beside Nathan and smile. I turn my head to see that he's wake and watching me.

"Morning, Eva." Nathan says as I smile.
"Morning." I say as Nathan kisses my forehead and helps me sit up.
"Do you want some breakfast?" Nathan asks me as I nod.
"Please." I reply as he smiles and goes to make some breakfast.

He came back about 15mins later with some bacon sandwiches for both of us. He joins me on the bed again as we eat our sandwiches in silence.

"Eva, you know when we're married?" Nathan ask as I nod and look at him, "Would you wanna try for a family?" Nathan asks as I nod.
"Of course I would, Nath. I just don't know if I can have kids." I say as he looks at me, "I mean, since my accident, I'm not sure if it's possible. I've heard of accidents like this making people unable to have heir own kids." I say as Nathan nods.
"I understand that. We could always speak to the doctor about it and see what they say." He suggest as au nod.
"Yeah. We can do that." I say as Nathan places our plates on the bedside table before cuddling me, "Nath?" I ask.
"Yeah?" He replies as I look at him.
"Does it bother you that when we have sex, I can't feel anything?" I say as he looks at me.
"Eva, of course it doesn't bother me. I love you for you. Why would it bother me?" He asks as I shrug.
"Because I can't do anything." I reply as he kisses the top of my head.
"That will never bother me. You're perfect." He says as I smile and kiss him softly.

We stay in bed for a little while longer before Nathan gets a phone call. He leaves the room while he answers his phone as I scroll through mine. I reply to a couple of messages from my family and friends before Nathan comes back in.

"Hey, I've got to get changed and run to work for a couple hours. Are you okay here on your own?" Nathan asks as I nod.
"Yeah, I'll probably just get some more sleep cause I'm really tired." I say as Nathan nods and throws on his clothes from the day before.

Nathan kisses my head before saying bye and running off to work as I snuggle back into the covers and shut my eyes. Eventually falling back into sleep.

~~

When I wake up, it was about 4pm and Nathan wasn't in here beside me and my wheelchair was still in the living room.

"Nath!" I call out but get no reply, "Nathan!" I call again but there's still no answer.

I try to sit myself up before falling out of the bed, onto the floor. I try to pull myself up before remembering that I can't do what I used to be able to do.

I stay laid on the floor and start to sob Ito my hands. This is so frustrating.

"NATH!" I cry out before sobbing into my hands again.

About 30mins later, I hear the front door open before someone walks into the room.

"Eva. Oh my God." I hear as someone picks me up and sits me on their knee, cuddling me and rocking us slowly, "How long have you been down there?" I hear Nathan's voice as I grip onto his shirt and sniffle.
"About 30mins. I thought you was home and my chair is in the living room. For a second I thought I could just get out of bed and walk to the living room." I say as Nathan holds me close.
"Oh my poor baby." He says kissing he top of my head multiple times.
"I know miracles don't happen overnight but, I forgot and I ended up landing on the floor after trying to pull myself up. I'm so sorry." I say as Nathan lifts up my head and kisses me softly.
"Don't ever apologise. It's not your fault. I did come back about 2 hours ago but I went out to the shop." He says as I look at him, "I should've woke you up and told you. I'm so sorry." He adds on as I kiss him.
"Don't be sorry. What did you go shop for?" I ask as he taps his nose.
"It's a surprise for later." He says as I frown at him as he kisses me, "If he wind changes, your face will stay like that." He says as I keep frowning.
"If that does happen then you've doomed me because you said it." I reply as he laughs and kisses me, making me smile.

I love this boy so much and nothing can ever take him away from me.