Chapter 49

Chapter 49

I didn’t have to run much before he got to me and caught me by the waist.

“I can’t wait to see your disappointment face when I win this” He said still behind me.

“You’re forgetting the verdict of this bet is up to me” I turned around to face him, feeling his hands slowly slip off my waist.

He narrowed his eyes. “Then this bet is off balance”

“It’s okay to me” I said regretting what I said “We should forget about the bet, and you should give me props for jumping off a fence”

“You didn’t jump, I pulled you down” He cleared with a sly grin.

“Same thing” I shrugged smiling.

“Here’s the new deal: I will teach you how to throw the ball, if you don’t get it right I win, if you do, I lose, and that way you’ll put a little more effort” He had a smirk on his face that was telling me I had no chance at winning.

I didn’t know what to answer. I hated bets, I always lose.

“Fine” I breathed. I could win this thing; it was still up to me.

“Let’s go get the ball” He said nudging to the side.

“You didn’t bring one?” I asked amused.

“There are plenty of balls in here” He walked towards a door “There was no need”

The sky was pretty much dark by now. It somehow made everything a lot more interesting.

We got to the door and he took out some keys out of his pockets. I raised my eyebrows.

“You have keys to the school?” I asked. He smirked “Tell me you didn’t steal them”

He laughed. “I just have the keys to this door. Perks of being the team captain” He winked.

Team Captain? How did I not know that? For some reason it impressed me. I had never thought about it.

He twisted the keys a few times but the door didn’t move.

“Are you sure you-?”

“I’ve got this” He interrupted me, pushing the door. “I just have to...” He pressed the door knob with force but it didn’t open. He kicked the door with his foot “The freaking door is stuck” He kicked it again.

I tried to contain the laugh that was about to come out from me.

“Are you sure that’s the right key?” I asked trying to ease myself.  I had to put a hand over my mouth so he wouldn’t notice my stupid smile.

He kept struggling with the door “This is the fucking key! I know it” He pushed one more time and then stopped, turning around “Freaking key, sorry”

I raised my eyebrows. I had heard him curse in front of me before, but I never thought he cared.

“Maybe we should give it a break” I took his arm and pulled him from the door.

He sighed “Now what?”

“Football doesn’t consist on just a ball right?” I asked pulling him to the field. I was walking backwards, looking at him as I did.  

“Actually it does” He let out a little laugh. We made it to the center of the field. He narrowed his eyes “Or not…” He made a grim smile.

I raised my eyebrows waiting for an answer.

“So?” I asked.

He raised a finger at me “Wait right here” He said “Don’t move”