Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

*Austin's POV*

"...You just don't get it Austin!"

"I DO OKAY!? I DO KNOW WHAT WE GOT OURSELVES INTO!"

Alex, Robert, Zach, Tyler and I have been talking for hours. But we just can't get to anywhere.. this all sucks. I hate myself right know, I hate the guys, I hate the stupid flash drive, I hate that night... I wish that night never happened. It would all have been so much easier.

"You know he is going to f*cking kill us if we don't give him the flash drive by the end of the month, right?"

"Yes Alex.. I do know that. Thanks for reminding me how much freaking time I have left to breathe"

I can't deal with this anymore. I just.. AGHHHHH! Everything is bullshit.I just want to dissapear for a while. That's all I ask for...

But I can't. If I leave... they won't be f*cking able to handle this without me. I have to stay, stay and deal with this stupid problem.

Can I just at least get out of here?

What time is it?

8:00pm

Ohh man! I gotta go. NOW.

"You know what?" I grabbed my black leather jacket and my keys "We'll talk about this later. I gotta go"

"No. Wait man!" Alex yelled "Where are you going? We're also planning what we will do on the weekend! You can't go now"

"I'm meeting someone, and I'm late" I opened the door and got out "See you guys later"

I closed it and made my way to my car. Not thinking twice, I got in the car and left.

***

*Ashley's POV*

"Ashley! Wake up honey"

"Leave me alone!" I yelled taking my blanket all the way to my head

"Ashley! It's Tuesday and you have school. Wake up"

"No!"

"Sure? You want me to bring a bottle of water?"

"WATER?" I quickly got up "Nooooo, I'm fine, perfecly awake, see?" I said faking a smile.

"Great" My mom smiled too "Because I have great news!"

"Really? What kind of news?" I said while making my way to the bathroom door.

"Your brother is coming to visit this weekend!"

I stopped everything I was doing.

"OMG MOM! REALLY?" She nodded and I strated jumping and dancing all around my room.

I love my brother and I haven't seen him since last year, when he went to college. And I am finally going to see him this weekend!

Tomorrow is Wednesday 15th, the day when my school was founded I don't know how many years ago. The thing is, that the founders took 3 days planning and foundating the school, and it's a school tradition that every year we take those 3 days off.

I know what you're thinking.. be jealous because my school is awesome.

I've been making plans for these weekend with Chloe and Jake for a over week now.. We were going to have a movie night and I was supposed to stay at Chloe's house for a day, I told her I was going and if something came up I was going to tell her.

"When is Erik arriving?" I was already changed with new clothes and I was walking downstairs with mom to get breakfast.

"Thursday, why?"

"Perfect! I'll stay at Chloe's tomorrow. Is that ok?"

She -beeing the beautiful and kind mom she is- gave me permission to go. We had breakfast, my mom got her things ready and then she gave me a ride to school.

I was already late when we arrived.

I guess the next time, I'll have to wake up earlier.

I got in and the halls where empty.

Oh no sh*t! Not late again... Ms. Haynes hates me. She is going to kill me.

I knocked on the door and a voice said I could come in. Ms. Haynes.

"Uhm sorry Ms. Haynes, I had a .. uhmm an issue at home and I- sorry I'm late, can I come in?" I was so nervous for no reason. The whole class was silent and staring at me like if I just murdered someone.

"What did I told you and all the class yesterday? Do you remember? Because it took me almost half an hour to explain Miss. Ridgell"

Yes I remember. Who wouldn't? She literally used the whole class hour to explain how much she hated when we were late, and she warned us about what happened if we were late again....

"Yes, I am sorry, I promise I won't be late again" I looked down at my feet. Everyone was staring at me and I was staring to feel my cheeks getting red.

"Of course you won't be late again, cause you will have detention after school"

WHAT ON EARTHHHH!?

Is she out of her mind or something!? Today is our last day! I can't stay!

She is just doing this because she hates me!

"Come in and take your place" Ms. Haynes saw my reaction and smiled in victory. "I'm sure you won't be late again if you learn your lesson"

Ohh stupid, ugly, old woman! You are going to pay for this! I swear!!

***

School was over. AND GUESS WHAT!? I'm staying for one more long and boring hour.

"Ohh poor Ashley! What are you going to do?" Chloe, Jake, and I were talking in the hall.

"What do you want me to do!?" I said frustrated "I can do nothing but stay here"

"This sucks" Jake added "Guess we will see you at Chloe's house at 6?"

"Actually I don't know" I answered. They kept going forward to the front doors looking at me, and I stayed outside of the history class door "I will go, supposing my mom will let me go now that I had detention... I'll call you if I will go, and if don't call.. I won't be going"

"Hope you can! I'll be waiting for your call" She said while leaving.

Great. Now I'm all alone with that creepy teacher. Ughh you don't know how much I hate her.

I opened the door to detention and saw her sitting in her desk, with a little more students sitting in front of her. I got in and took a seat.

"You can make your homework or read.. your choice"

Nice..

If you haven't notice Ms. Haynes we don't have homework.. because its the LAST FREAKING DAY!!

I wanted to yell at her, punch her, kill her. But we both know that I can do nothing but stay quiet and 'read'.

I have no books with me now, so I took my cellphone out and saw I had a text from Jake.

"Jake:

Hey Ashley. Now that you're at school, can I ask you a big favor? I left my keys to my house in the boys locker room at school. Thank God my mom was inside and she let me in... but if she notices I left the keys at school she'll kill me... mind to take them to Chloe's house today? The code to the padlock is 4379! Thank you!!"

This idiot doesn't remember that I don't know if I'll be going to Chloe's house today..

But still I'll grab his keys in case I go.. and if I don't then at least he'll be able to come and pick them up at my house, cause the school will be closed for the three days.

I was about to reply to Jake when Ms. Haynes talked.

"Miss Ridgell you can't use your phone in detention! Give it to me!"

Can this get any worse?

***

Detention was finally over and I had my phone back.

Not wanting to spend one more minute in this school, I got out and walked to my house. When I arrived my mom was waiting for me and yes she grounded me.

"Mom" I said while arguing with her for the third time. It was 5:30 and I had spent all day locked in my room doing nothing. I needed to go to Chloe's "I had never been in detention in my whole life! You know I didn't do anything!"

"You did something. That's why you were in detention Ashley" She said crossing her arms in her chest.

"Mom! It wasn't me! I swear that teacher hates me since the first time she saw me!"

"Oh C'mon Ashley! Don't be silly!"

"It's true! I got detention because I was late for class mom! Remember what took us so long?" I eyed her with the 'you-know-what-i-mean' look.

"Ohh no Ashley! You can't blame me for that!"

"If you hadn't spent 10 minutes looking for those papers you needed I would have been right on time Mom!"

"Don't tell me that! If you had listened to me and woke up when I told you, you would have been on time"

We paused for a second and we both took a deep breath.

"Okay. I'm sorry I got detention, but you can't deny it was OUR fault" She was just looking at me straight in the eyes.

I got this.

"I know your pissed about something and your taking it all on me" She was about to say something but I talked first "And don't tell me it's because I got detention cause I know it's not just that"

She rubbed the back of her head and took a second deep breath.

"I'm sorry. I'm really- I-It's just that...." She made a frustrated look "Erik is not coming" She said dissapointed.

"Ohh my god. Noooo. Why?" My brother is not coming. No way.

"He thought his boss was going to let him go, but turns out he has lots of work to do.."

Now I get her.. I would've been pissed too. I was dying to see my brother.

"Mom its ok! We will see him soon okay? I promise" I hugged her and she hugged me back "I know you miss him.. I miss him too"

"Actually..." Mom let me go and left her hands in my shoulders "Your father is in Canada with him... well not with him, because he is in a business trip but he will get to see him...."

"That's great!" I don't know if I was jealous of that or not. Mom kept quiet and licked her lips constantly "Whats up Mom? Is there something you're not telling me?"

She doubted for a second to... tell me... or to keep it to herself. Finally she let it out.

"Your father wants me to go and help him with some work stuff and he sent me a plane ticket... the problem is that.. it's just one" She looked at me waiting for my response.But I was blank.

I mean... I'm dying to see my brother, but I'm not going to make my mom stay here just to watch out for me... Both of my parents have been gone for over a week and I did just fine by myself... Plus, this could be a great opportunity for me, I can go to Chloe's house and actually stay there for three days. (That was our first plan but I thought my parents woudn't let me, so we agreed on just one day)

I talked to my mom for over 15 minutes trying to convince her to go, and finally she agreed. I promised to text her, and not hesitate to call her if anything happened.

"So you'll be staying three days at Chloe's house?" She asked for the millionth time. We were downstairs, my mom with her suitcases ready. I nodded "What about Saturday and Sunday?"

"I don't know.. I'll be here for sure. Maybe I'll invite Chloe to come over... I am not sure. I'll text you okay?"

"Okay. Just remember that Bob, Martha and everyone will be at the house, anything happens you can call them too ok?" I nodded. "Bob will take me to the airport and then he is coming back here to take you to Chloe's house"

"Okay Mom" I hugged her really tight and kissed her on the cheek "Have a safe flight!" We were outside, Bob took the suitcases and he was just waiting for my mom to get in. She did and waved goodbye. "Don't forget to call me went you get there! And tell Dad and Erik that I love them!" She nodded and then they were gone.

I went upstairs, chose a big bag to get my clothes in. I grabbed my PJ's, and 2 changes. I took a shower and put on some grey sweatpants, a pink 'football' T-shirt with the number 21 on it, and some comfortable toms.

By the time I was downstairs Bob was already outside. I went to the kitchen to take some food. I grabbed cheetos, ruffles, cookies and a bottle of water because I was thristy. I put them all inside the bag and went outside.

We were already on our way to Chloe's house when I remembered that I never told Chloe that I was going. It was 6:30 and I'm pretty sure she assumed I wasn't going. I unlocked my phone to call her and that's when I remembered.... I saw the text Jake sent me when I was at school.

I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE KEYS.

"Bob! Can we make a stop at school please? I need to get something" Bob just agreed, anyways we didn't have to go back or anything. Chloe's house it's literally 1 minute away from school.

I decided not to text Chloe, I rather surprise them, PLUS my batery is dying.

"Miss Ashley" Bob called me "We're here"

I looked outside and saw the school. Not very good memories coming from it. All I can think of is Ms. Haynes and how much I hate her.

"How long are you taking Ashley?" Bob asked when I was standing outside closing the door.

"Uhmm I don't know.. why?"

"Martha told me to get some groceries to make dinner and the shop is closing at .." He took a look at his watch "about right now"

"Uhmmm... you can go" I opened the door to take my bag out "Chloe's house is next to the park right there" I pointed to a park that was a block away.

"You sure?" Bob asked.

"Yeah pretty sure" I closed the door and waved at Bob "I can use some walking"

Bob left and I went to the school doors, that -exactly as I expected- where closed.

The back doors I thought. Football practice ended about 10 minutes ago. That door might be opened.

I walked all the way to the back of the school, where the football field was. I got in, crossed the whole field and got inside the building.

There was noone inside. All the lights were off. It was really dark.

They must be closing the school now. I need to hurry.

I ran in the corridors and finally got to the boys locker room. I opened the door and saw a lot of lockers.

Great Jake! You are such a genious. You never thought of giving me the number of your locker?

Now I have to go locker by locker until I found one that opens with 4379. There's almost 30 lockers in here or maybe more. This will be easy. *note the sarcasm*

I started with the ones next to the door until I got to the one's at the back. Only 2 more lockers...

Finally the last one opened.

Seriously? The LAST one? Told you. I'm the most luckiest girl in the world

I opened it and saw the keys inside. I grabbed them and closed the locker.

Suddenly there was a weird sound coming from the door.

I turned around but saw nothing. I -being the intelligent girl I am- didn't turned the lights on when I got here. Now I see nothig.

"Hello?"

I slowly made my way to the door to get of of here, trying to avoid any sound. I almost tripped three times, but finally got to the door.

Just get out of here. Just get out of here.

I twisted the knob and nothing. It was stuck.

No freaking way.

I twisted again and pulled the door with all the strenght I had. But it was stuck....

WAIT A SECOND!

I looked at my dying phone the see the time and it was already 7:00. SH*T!

The door isn't stuck! It's LOCKED.

The school is closed for three days and one knows I'm inside.

Ohh sh*t.. This won't be pretty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! Just wanted to say thank you for all the support and wanted to let you know that maybe I won't be able to post a chapter this weekend.

So... enjoy this chapter!

I did the first Austin's POV in this chapter. Even if it was really short. I'll try to make more, but having just Ashley's POV makes everything a little more intresting.. so i'll see.

Don't hesitate on
voting/comment/follow!

Love youu!

-katie xoxo