Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I hurried behind them, making sure there was a good distance between us so none of them would realize I was following them.

Everything was so dark that I could barely see. I could still hear Austin speak loudly sounding furious. They walked all the way down the street and ended up turning left into a dark alley.

When I got there I pressed myself to the wall. I got on my knees and took a little peek at the alley. I saw Austin and his gang talking to some strange guy.

"WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!?" Austin was yelling. His voice was harsh and threatening, his hands were pulled into a fist, clearly trying to contain his anger "HOW COME YOU DIDN'T BRING IT!?" One of The Crew kicked the guy right in the stomach, he fell to the ground and groaned in pain. "We warned you. This was your last chance"

I turned back into the street leaning against the wall, noticing my heart beat was raising. 

What the hell am I doing here? 

"I-I couldn't get it...." I heard a different voice. I turned back and saw the mysterious guy mumbling while reaching for the wall, trying to stand back up "I need more time"

"MORE TIME!?" Austin was really mad. He kicked the wall repeatedly with his foot and then with his bare hands. "You know what?" His right hand reached for something at his back. "I'm sick of waiting, your time's up"

I covered my mouth trying to silence the gasp that came out when I saw he was holding a gun. 

Okay. This is some serious shit. Oh my- I'm so fucking stupid. 

I wasn't going to stay and hear anything else. I was running the hell away from here. 

"WAIT" I heard this familiar voice as I made ran away "I can get it! I swear" It was the beaten up guy.

I stopped in my tracks. That voice. I knew that voice. 

"I'll give you until Friday. At this exact same place, at the same hour" Austin's voice came again "You bring it, you're free; but if you don't, I swear to God you're a dead man"

I didn't move. I heard a loud groan from the guy after being punched again, and then silence. 

I could still hear my own heart beat. Austin had a gun. A fucking gun. 

I ran without stopping this time until I got back to the party.  

"What happened to you? Where were you?" Chloe was in the driveway, a cup in her hand, her phone on the other "I saw you getting out of the house. I was calling you nonstop, you never picked up" 

"Really?" I was out of breath "I didn't realize. My dad called me. He wanted to check on me" I lied. 

"You're sweating dude. Is everything okay?" She asked narrowing her eyes, with a very suspicious look. 

"Yes, well I just-He wants me to go home" I lied.

"What? It's not even that late" Chloe clearly wanted to stay longer. On the other hand, I couldn't stay here another minute. What if someone saw me? What if they came back? What was I thinking?

"I'm going home" I spoke up "My head is aching" That wasn't a lie. 

"Do you want me to ask Jake if he can take you?" She asked worried "I haven't seen him since we got here but I can call him again" 

"Call who?" Someone called from behind us. I jumped startled. It was Jake.

"Jesus, don't do that!" I snapped, placing a hand on my chest.

"You look like you've seen a ghost Ashley" He said examining my face.

Nice guess. I think I would've preferred seeing a ghost than seeing how someone almost got shot.