Chapter 46

Chapter 46

“That was pretty good” Mr. McLee congratulated Austin.

I was trying not to get too caught up by the fact he hadn’t said anything complementing me. Austin deserved it though. His guitar skills were amazing.

“Have you ever been in your school’s glee club?” Ryan asked Austin again.

Mr.McLee was bored with the formality of his name by halfway through the class and asked us to just call him Ryan.

Austin laughed lightly. “Never have, never will”

I rolled my eyes at his huge attempt to keep his title of a bad boy. Since when aren’t boys allowed to play guitar and be on a music program?

“Why not?” Ryan kept asking “You would be quite helpful”

Austin left his guitar aside. “I think Ashley would be helpful”

I smiled at his innocent way to involve me in the conversation. I’d like to think he actually meant what he said, that he thought I was good at playing the piano.

I shook my head nicely “I don’t think that’s my thing”

“I do actually” Austin continued “That’s exactly your kind of ‘thing’. It has your name written all over it”

“I don’t think I would ever do it. Al least not without more practice”

“Then we should practice more often” Austin insisted, a curious smile on his face.

“Wait up kiddos” Ryan laughed “This is your first class, don’t get ahead of yourselves. I’ll see you guys on Wednesday” He walked towards the door “Oh, I almost forgot. Try to bring a song you would like to practice on your instrument. We’ll work with it here”

Austin nodded and Ryan walked away.

“You still owe me that singing session” I pushed. I knew I could convince him to sing to me.

“That will have to wait” He said standing up “I have something I have to take care of”

“Oh” Was all I managed to answer.

“Do you need a ride home?” He asked gently.

Even though it felt like nothing had happened, and I wanted to take slow steps, I felt like going with him felt like too much for now.

“My mom is probably on her way, but thanks”

“Sure” He answered scratching the back of his neck “I’ll see you tomorrow at school?”

“I still have your pen, so..” I laughed.

“Right” He smiled “I’ll have to get it back. See you then”

He went to the door and I followed him with my eyes until he stopped, I looked away right before he turned around.

“Actually” He said in a louder voice, I turned to see him as if I hadn’t been watching him seconds ago. “We’re having a football game tomorrow. The football season remember?” He asked referring to what he said to me this morning “I would like you to come” He smiled and then realized how that sounded “I mean, it will be cool if you were there. For all of the guys, you know?” He failed miserably and I laughed, he tried to contain himself but ended laughing after me too. “Who am I kidding? I did mean that. I want you there” He confessed.

I knew I was blushing. I could feel it. I looked down preventing that from happening. I could see his wide smile from where I was looking. He always mocked me about my blushing, it made me blush even more.