Chapter 40

Chapter 40 

The people surrounding us were walking all in different directions doing all different types of activities. There were kids playing on the swings, young boys and adults running around exercising, people walking their dogs, other’s just walking, like Jake and I before we sat down on a double bench.

I really liked this park and I was surprised to say I’d never been here before, at least not that I remember. It was Jake’s idea to come here, since it had “the best ice cream in town”.

“So last night…” He started saying while eating a spoonful of ice cream.

“I have to thank you again for that” I said chuckling “You seriously saved me from one hell of a night” 

“You mean from Austin?” He asked rising his eyebrow. I sighed. “You can talk to me about it, you know that right?”

“I know, that’s what I was meaning to tell you yesterday…” I lost Chloe by telling her this; I just hope Jake is a lot more comprehensive than she was “It’s so much I don’t even know how to start”

“Maybe you don’t have to”

“Well it start- What?” I asked confused, stopping myself from talking any longer.

 “The Crew, the kidnap, the killing, my brother” He listed “I know that remember?”

It all sink in. I remembered that Jake was part of the first kidnapping but with everything that happened I didn’t remember that he knew about the cabin.

Now I remember the day I came back to school, he hugged me and told me he was never forgiving his brother for what he did to me. He always knew and I never paid attention, I never realized.

“Oh my God” I murmured remembering it all “You’re right, I can’t believe I didn’t remember, I could’ve used someone to talk to”

“I there I was wondering why you didn’t trust me enough to talk to me about it” He sighed “I guess I’ve got my answer”

“Jake I am so sorry” I apologized. “I wish you would’ve come to me, ask me about it”

“I did but you were too busy hanging out with Alex to notice it” His words hit me. He was right. I left him for Alex, and for what? To have him hate me after a just a fight? And even though I hadn’t talked to Jake in a while, he picked me up in the middle of the night… God. I’ve been so wrong for so long.

“It’s true” I stated “I made a mistake. After Austin left, I felt so lonely and I didn’t understand why he left and all of a sudden Alex was there for me. I got used to that… but now I realize who my real friends are, and I am not happy to say you’re the only one who stood by my side at all times”

He smiled “You don’t only have me Leelee. You have Chloe, and Alex, and Robert and a lot of people who cares for you. Not only me”

“Chloe hates me right now, and so does Alex. I betrayed her by kissing Alex. What was he thinking?”

“You what?” He asked wide eyed “You kissed Alex?”

“No. Well yes. No. No I didn’t. He kissed me and Chloe saw that” I babbled.  

“He kissed you?” He asked “Wasn’t he going on with Chloe? All of this happened last night?” He continued asking.

“And that’s not all” I said ignoring all of his questions “You’re missing the worst part. After all this time Austin came back and he saw Alex and I kissing” 

“Whoa” He breathed, letting all the information in “Okay, what did Austin do when he saw you kissing Alex?”

“Alex kissed me” I corrected him “And he didn’t do anything at the moment, he drove away, but then he came back and god knows why that’s when you picked me up”