Chapter 24

Chapter 24

The alarm blasting next to my bed woke me, and it was just 9:00am. I needed some more sleep... but I can't. My parents would kill me.

I was lying on my bed still wearing the clothes from yesterday. I finally opened my eyes. My room was perfect, but I didn't even wanted to imagine how bad it would be downstairs thanks to the party from last night.

I turned around and slowly got up rubbing my eyes. Something moved in the bed beside me. At first I freaked but then I saw her and I remembered everything.

"Chloe wake up" I whispered next to her ear, but she didn't even move, apparently she didn't listen. "Chloe! Wake up right now!" I moved her shoulder making her groan "Come on! Your parents will kill you... and me"

"My head is pounding" She sobbed "Please don't make me get up" Her voice still sounded tired.

I walked all around my bed to get to the window. I rolled the curtains up letting the sun light my room.

"Nooooo!" Chloe yelled covering her head with the covers "Everything is spinning, everything bothers me, every sound, every movement, even the light...What is happening to me?"

"Come on" I said taking the covers away from her "You need to get a shower. The hangover is killing you"

"Hangover?" She suddenly asked astonished, getting up "I don't drink Ashley"

"That's what you kept telling me last night, but you looked way past drunked"

"What!?" Her eyes were wide open "What the hell happened to me last night?"

Ohh... If at least I knew it with certainty.

~

I ran back to the house after everything that happened with Austin.

God. I could still remember the feeling I felt when he kissed me.

I opened the front door with this happiness and excitement I couldn't even explain myself. But the feeling was blown off with the scene my eyes were just witnessing.

Finn and Jake were fitting. Punching and hitting each other with all the strenght they had. Almost half of the people in the party were around them watching and shouting.

"What the hell is going on!?" I tried to yell, but I doubt someone even heard my voice, with all the people yelling I was barely able to hear myself.

"ASHLEY!" I heard someone calling my name from somewhere at my right. I turned around, but with the bunch of people blocking the way, I wasn't able to see anything.

"ASHLEY!" I heard it again "ASHLEY OVER HERE!" I could see someone waving his hands over everyone's heads. I ran towards whoever that was.

I got to the living room that was now empty, with the exception of Brad sitting on the couch with Chloe in his arms.

"Brad?" I asked confused "What is going on? What happened?" I turned my sight to Chloe, who was somehow asleep in Brad's arms. He moved and placed her on the couch "Why were you carrying Chloe?"

"There's no time to explain. Thank god you're here. Watch out for Chloe, someone needs to stop that fight" And with that he left me alone in the living room.

I wasn't understanding anything. I was out for less than 10 minutes and my house turns into a boxing fight?

"Chloe?" I asked once I sat next to her lying body.

"Ashley?" She asked with a slow, funny, drunk voice. She could barely open her eyes "Ashley!" She yelled tying her hands around my neck. "Where were you?? You missed all the funnn!!" She made the words last longer than they really were, talking really weird.

"What fun?" I asked concerned "Chloe, what happened to you?"

"Me?" She asked frowning "I feel better than I've ever felt before!" She yelled.

"Oh God" I said to myself "You're drunk. Really, really drunk"

"Noooooooo" She answered pouting "I don't drink Ashley, remember?"

I needed to think of something. The fight was still up and running, apparently Brad is not able to stop it. Everyone was shouting even louder than before. I could hear some 'Get away dude!' that was probably for Brad.

"Ashley" Chloe took my face in her weak hands "Do you remember I don't drink? You do right?"

"Yes, yes" I said moving her hands away from my face "I remember Chloe"

"Good" She murmured smiling and closing her eyes again. She looked like she could fall asleep at any second.

"Chloe?" I asked slowly

"Mhmm?" She murmured back

"Do you know what's going on?" It looked like I was talking to a baby, stopping at every word to make sure she could understand "Why are Finn and Jake fighting?"

"Finn?" She asked opening her eyes again "Finn is here?"

I face palmed.

"Ohh yess" She said smiling foolishly and closing her eyes again, leaning on the couch. "I remember... we danced, and we talked, and he took me to-..."

The people that was gathered around the fight were scattering around, moving to different places. The shouting stopped, so did the groans from Jake and Finn. The fight must have stopped.

"...and then Brad hold me because he said Finn was fighting for me"

"Wait what?" I didn't hear her talk before, but apparently she knows exactly what happened "He took you where?"

"What?" She asked confused.

"Finn. You said Finn took you somewhere..." I repeated for her, hoping she would remember.

"Did I say that?" She said giggling. "Oh. I know what you mean... We came back to the house, and then Jake saw me and he got mad..."

"Why?" I asked impatient "Where did you and Finn go?"

"Jake was mad at me" She said pouting still not opening her eyes. Ignoring what I just asked her. "He was really mad, and he started shouting at me and then at Finn, and then Jake punched Finn on the face..." She stopped not saying anything for a while, I was waiting for her to talk but then I realized she looked like she had fallen asleep.

"Chloe, what happened next?" The only thing that kept me from thinking she was dead was her chest moving slowly up and down, the movement caused by her breathing. "Chloe?"

"Ashley?" I turned around to find half the house empty. Jake standing next to me, holding a towel covered with blood next to his nose. He had bruises all over his face.

"Oh God Jake" I got up quickly and ran towards Jake. I stopped in front of him and examined his face "You are bleeding everywhere. What happened? Are you okay? Does it hurts? I can clean the cuts I just have to get upstairs and-"

"I am okay Leelee" He said hushing me "I want to know if Chloe is okay"

"Why wouldn't she be? She's resting on the couch" I said pointing to my back "Why? What happened to her? What happened to you?"

"Where were you?" He asked "I was looking for you, and instead of finding you I found a way-past-drunk Chloe on the hands of that dickhead"

"Finn?" I asked him.

"Yes. That asshole got Chloe drunk and took her to God knows where" He said shaking his head "I found them when they were entering the front door. That jerk didn't had the nuts to tell me what he did to her and where did he took her. So I took Chloe away from him and punched him right on that pretty little shitty face of his" He said with a disgusted look on his face, you could see he was still angry.

"Let me talk to him. It might be a missunderstanding" I really hope it was "Where is he?"

"They left" Jake said coldly, now rubbing the towel right above his lips "Brad and that asshole"

I will deal with him later...

"What are we going to do with Chloe?" Jake asked trudging to the couch. By now, the house was almost empty. Someone was taking all the people out of the house.

"We can't take her home" I said "Her parents will kill her if they saw her like this. She can stay here"

"Call her parents to let them know" He left the towel on a table and slowly placed his hands above Chloe's body, taking her in his arms close to him "Lets take her upstairs, then you can help me with the bruises"

~

"You've got to be kidding me!" Chloe yelled "I don't remember a damn thing!"

"I was hoping you wouldn't say that" I sat next to her on the bed "I really need to know what happened, Jake too. He was really worried about you"

"I can't believe that happened last night" She said still not remembering anything "The thing that bothers me the most its Finn! I mean, what the hell did he do to me?"

"I wish I knew" I answered back "I can only hope nothing bad happened"

There was a silence when we were both just thinking, not saying a word.

"But, well..." I broke the silence "First things first. You have to go and take a shower, I told your parents yesterday that you were staying at my house. Call them when you're done. I have to clean up the mess downstairs before my parents kill me"

She nodded and got up rubbing her head.

"There's some aspirin in the second drawer to the left, if you want some" She mouthed a thank you before I walked out of the door "Oh, and when you finish, come downstairs and help me"

I closed the door and walked downstairs. I was more than surprised when I saw that the stairs were perfectly clean, and so did the living room.

What is going on?

Confused, I walked to the kitchen and found Jake with a black garbage bag picking up red cups from everywhere.

"Jake?" He turned around and saw me standing at the kitchen's door.

"Ashley!" He dropped the bag and approached to me "Good morning" He said smiling.

"What are you doing here?" I asked surprised.

"I thought you'd need a hand with the house" He said grinning "So I came here to help you, maybe I could make up to you for last night"

"Cleaning your bruises was nothing compared to this Jake" He shrugged and chuckled before walking back to where the garbage bag was.

"How's Chloe?" He asked preocupied "Please tell me she's okay"

"She is fine" I answered helping him with some plates and cups that were spreaded on the floor "She has some headache. No biggy"

"Did she tell you what happened?" He said turning to see me.

"She doesn't remember anything" I said sadly "Maybe when she's feeling better she will"

He kept silent for a while, and then he talked.

"I just..." He licked his lips "I wonder what the hell Finn gave her that made her that drunk. It wasn't just alcohol"

"I know" I affirmed "But I don't think it was Finn, I mean, he was always so nice to Chloe..."

"You can't trust someone just because of how they 'pretend to treat' someone" He said angry, probably remembering the feeling he got from last night "God dammit! I swear if I see him again, I will cut him in tiny little pieces. He better stay away from Chloe and you, or else..."

"Its okay Jake" I said chuckling "I will talk to him. Try to understand what happened, work things out"

"I will go with you when it happens" He said looking at me in the eye "I don't want any of you to be alone with him again"

Jake is so cute. His way of being overprotective is not the bothering type, its the sweet 'brotherhood' type. I couldn't ask for a better friend.

We finished with the kitchen. Now we needed to clean the floor, the tables and the food bars.

"So, did you clean the living room all by yourself? My respects Jake" I bowed down laughing. He laughed too and then shook his head.

"I would like to say yes just to see you surprised, but I used some help"

"Really?" Just when I was about to ask who, I heard the sound of the backdoor being opened.

"Hey dude! We're done with the pool and-"

I turned to the kitchen door to find Austin with a black garbage bag over his shoulder. He stopped talking when he saw me.

This. Is. So. Awkward.

"Hey Ashley. I didn't know you were up" He tried to act cool, but I hoped I wasn't the only one feeling the embarassment of yersterday. I have no idea what to do after a kiss. I don't even know why I kissed him back.

"I just woke up" I placed my lips in a thin line unconciously and nodded slowly "I was surprised to find everything so clean. I have to thank both of you"

All my mind was thinking was 'What the hell is he doing here?' It couldn't ask because it sounded really rude, but I was dying to know...
I don't know if you're getting it. I mean... Jake hates him, so why would he invite him over to help him help me?

Ohh, that sounded weird. 

"Actually" Austin said poiting his hand to the back door "You'll have to thank all of us" 

I took a look outisde from the kitchen's window and saw Zach, Robert, Alex and Tyler cleaning the backyard. 

"Wow" I said bemused, not taking my eyes of them. "You guys almost left me no work to do" 

Austin smiled and shrugged. 

"I'll go and check everything's ok outside" Austin said while taking a new black garbage bag. He waved before getting out. As soon as he walked out and closed the door behind him I turned to see Jake. 

"Don't ask" He said quickly 

"Oh, come on!" I said impatient "You've got to be kidding me if you say you actually invited them over to help" 

"Well, I did" He said it as if it wasn't a big deal "They practically offered to help, so I just had to say yes" 

I snikered. 

"I guess you guys are bonding in some weird-dude-kind of way" 

"Don't say that" He said with some dissgusted frown "It sounds so girly, plus we are not 'bonding'. I just learned to live with them around. That's it"

"Who's livining with who?" We both turned around and saw Chloe with a towel in her hands and wet hair. 

"The sleeping beauty is finally up" Jake said mockingly. 

"No, I was already awake, I was just taking a shower" She sticked out her tongue at him and he just rolled his eyes in a playfull way. "So what?" She asked raising her hands "Are you going to let me starve to death?"

"Have you had breakfast already?" Jake asked me. 

"No. I was hoping we could cook something now that the kicthen is clean" 

Jake seem to be thinking about something and then he smiled like he had a great idea. 

"What?" Chloe asked him. 

"Why don't we go out to have some breakfast?" He said excited "How does that sounds?" 

"It sounds extremely delicious" Chloe answered happy. 

"Perfect then" Jake said smiling "Lets go" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello:)

This chapter was really simple, but you got to know a little bit of what happened to Chloe. Maybe you'll find out more on the next chapters. 

I would love to know what you think of everything. 

What do you think about what happened to Chloe?

Are you team Brad or team Austin?

You can comment your opinions or ideas. I always read every single thing that you write to me.

P. S. The picture at the right is a pic that I found of a heart necklace :) I thought it was cool because it related to the last chapter so I posted it. 

Thanks for all your patience with this! I love youu

-katie xoxo