"Kora," he called my name again. "Kora what are you doing here-" I ran to him as fast as I could even before he said anything else and threw myself into his embrace and he grabbed me just as I knew he would. I didn't want to make it about myself because it wasn't about me but at that moment, I was relieved, and crying was the only way I could show that. It wasn't even me in that ER or my own father but I was grateful, I was grateful it wasn't him and I couldn't help myself. I grabbed on tighter to him, tighter than I had ever done to anyone and I cried.

"Thank God." I sobbed.

"Kora,"

"I thought I had lost you."

I was really scared and grateful. I could hear his heart beat slowly and feel the warmth in his arms as they wrapped themselves around me.

"Thank God." I buried my face on his chest. That was inappropriate I know, considering the fact that his entire family was probably watching but at that moment, that was where I just wanted to be, right there, holding on to him just like that, just like that moment.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Lady K

They say the devil works hard, but guess who works harder than the devil in this story?

The wife of the owner of a multi million dollar enterprise, whose life was handing by a thread with little or no chances of survival. The wife who dreamt of nothing but being a successor to this legacy or was it her son she wanted to be the first on the queue of aspiring successors for that certain legacy.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

Susan shrugged her shoulders. She was going to act ignorant to the fact that she had been staring at Christian every five seconds, calculating her next move, a move she obviously had to make when there was absolutely no one around.

Jeremiah and Kora were at the hospital's church, praying, Kodi and Nicholas had gone to grab everyone something to drink while they waited. And after watching them refuse all advice and attempt to get them to go home and rest, Natalie needed a walk, she needed air. She never really knew how to handle anxiety and the surgery had been going on for over seven hours. She needed a breather.

It was just Christian and Susan now and you know what they say about an Idle man or should I say in this case, woman. Susan had been waiting for the opportunity the entire night.

Christian looked away. He was never really the one to chit chat with anyone especially his step mother. He was never interested in anything she had to do or say. He made sure he kept a cold shoulder with everyone in that house, and Susan was right on the top of that list.