Wow.

I let myself breathe again.

It wasn't hard at all. No one had noticed me, not even one person. It looked like I wasn't a bad actor after all.

You thought outside the hospital was chaotic, inside the hospital  was way worse. It was like everyone was affected by the shooting. It was like half of all the doctors and nurses were on their toes and running towards the ER.

The ER, that had to be it. That had to be where they were, Jeremiah and his father. I became so weak even thinking about the possible things that could be going on in there. I found myself taking slow steps towards the ER without even knowing it. My legs were trembling and my heart beat had suddenly gotten so slow and irregular but I still wanted to know, I still wanted to see for myself, I wanted to be there through all of it. Someone was shot but the news didn't tell us who. All I had was my ability to hope and wish that it wasn't Jeremiah, oh good Lord forgive me for even being so selfish but I couldn't help myself. I couldn't even begin to imagine what I was going to do if Jeremiah was the one everyone was trying to save.  Surprisingly, no one was trying to stop me as I approached the white door.

Everyone was too busy trying to save their VVIP patient to even be bothered by little irrelevant me. You should have seen the team of doctors rushing in and out of the ER. I mean who wouldn't want to be associated with saving the life of a member of the Ozor household? This could be a massive investment and turn of events for them just as much as it could destroy each of them if anything were to go wrong.

I felt a cold chill pass through my spine the moment I got to the long hallway leading to the emergency room. I could barely see a thing but I could hear my own footsteps. There were really tall stern looking men in suits; bodyguards, guarding every corner of the long hall and a great number of them forming horizontal lines a few paces in front of one of the door. There were people behind them. I could hear soft paces and tiny whispers. I tried to look, I needed to know who they were and then I saw a small glance of him, Jeremiah's older brother. He had quite a height that even the bodyguards couldn't block. That had to be them, that had to be the Ozors. Jeremiah had to be there, he had better be.

I tried to call his name, I didn't even care. I just had to be sure he was alive. One of the men stuck his hands in front of me to stop me from getting even closer even before I had started. I froze and then looked up at him.

"Identify yourself." He told me.

Identify myself?

I could barely even speak or say a full sentence at that point thanks to my anxiety. How on earth was I supposed to "Identify myself"?

"You're not supposed to be here." He repeated. "Didn't you read the signs? No one is allowed to be here for the next five hours."

But I just wanted to see him. What was I going to do anyway? Throw a bomb in the hospital?

"Aren't you listening?" He repeated. I glared at him. I was definitely not going to leave if he thought I was.

"It's okay Bruno,"  I froze when I heard someone say from behind us. I didn't recognize the voice but it sounded a really feminine. I watched how the men moved to the side so they could create a pathway for the average heightened girl to pass through. I held my breath as I watched her. She looked about sixteen and had the brightest eyes, kind of like Jeremiah's and managed to keep a really small smile on her face even as she looked at me. Her curly baby hairs looked so perfect and they were L to the laid. I watched how gracious she walked past the men that bowed to her as found her way to me. She looked familiar, really really familiar but I just couldn't picture where I had seen her. She was obviously a member of the Ozor family but I really didn't keep tabs on rich popular kids.