Chapter 11: The Battle

You pick up your bag in one of the first floor rooms, and put the rest of your knives in to your belt, boots, and jacket. You carefully take out the two vials of water and fire, and put them into a secure inner pocket in your leather jacket. 

You walk out of the castle through the back, and circle around to the front. You hide in a tree just behind a huge boulder of snow, watching the group of armed men. 

"We are here to find Princess Anna. Be on guard, but no harm is to come to the Queen. Do you understand," you see Hans say firmly. 

You see a group of five men look at each other, signaling they were not going to follow Hans' command. Two of the men were dressed in a red uniform - the Duke's men - and the other three were Arendelle guards. 

You gasp quietly, recognizing them as the five you had severely burned when you were a child. Two of them must have gone to Weaselton and three became guards. 

Hans advanced slowly, but then a seemingly lifeless boulder of snow turned around and stood up, menacingly showing his ice claws. 

You see the men draw their weapons, preparing for what would come next. The snow monster swung at the men, and they released their weapons. 

The spears and arrows hit Marshmallow, and he roared, spikes forming on his back and arms. He knocked the Duke's men into a snowbank with a backhand swing. 

You hesitate on using your magic. Fire would most certainly melt the ice, and water was a higher temperature. You decided on creating a giant water soldier, ordering it to help Marshmallow ward off the men but to stay away from the palace. 

You see Elsa open the palace doors and quickly shut them after surveying the scene outside. The Duke's men had also seen Elsa, and they got past Marshmallow and started to climb the steps to the palace, their crossbows ready. The three Arendelle guards followed them. 

You run to the back entrance of the castle to stop them. You see Elsa running up the steps to the second floor. 

How can she run so fast in heels? And up ice stairs too! You think. Your thoughts were interrupted by the Duke's men storming into the castle. 

They look around for the Queen before seeing her running up the steps. 

"Up there," the stockier one tells his friend. The two chase after Elsa, you hot on their heels. You create a water lasso and wind it around the foot of the skinnier and clean shaven man, effectively tripping him. 

He shoves you aside, but not before you stab his calf with your knife. He grunts in pain, but continues up the stairs. 

You follow them into the room that you had just been in. However, the ice wasn't red anymore, but tinted yellow. Elsa stood on the ice snowflake in the middle of the room, and saw the men enter the room and block the only way out. 

"No, please," she says. The stockier man shoots his crossbow. 

Elsa flinches, her arms coming up to shield herself. Elsa looks up, and sees that she instinctively made an ice barrier that held the arrow in it's place, centimetres away from her face. 

While she looks at the ice in shock, you tackle the man to the ground who just threw ammunition to his partner. You punch him in the face and you two wrestle for a few seconds before his throws you to the side. 

With newfound strength, Elsa blasts ice and trips the two men. 

"Stay away," she says as she puts her hands out. She doesn't use the ice to hurt the men, but to drive them back. Elsa keeps blasting ice at them as they try to shoot her.