Chapter 2: The Capture

You run as fast as you can, looking back, but no one was following. This would be the last time that your mother would hit you.

You ran, brushing your hair out of your eyes. You were planning on going to the other side of Arendelle, pretend to be 15 (one year older) and get a job. If you couldn't get a job, you would live in the mountains, using your father's switchblade to hunt. You were quite ahead in school, so there would be no need to go back. 

You brushed a tear out of your eye, and became angry for doing so. Your mother has abused and neglected you for years; why were you crying? 

You knew why she hated you. Because you could control fire just like your dad, and she couldn't. She married him hoping he could teacher her, but she wasn't able to learn. When you were born, she loathed you for having powers. It didn't help when you accidentally burned a girl to death and severely injured five others. It was ruled as a freak accident involving a broken lantern. 

You cried even more remembering that moment. The five boys that bullied you forgot what happened, but knew that you had something to do with their injuries. That's what led you to dig out your fathers books, and learn to control water. You practiced concealing your fire powers, and practicing water. You thought water suited you better anyway. You hid your fire powers from everyone, and when your mother asked about the fire powers, you said you forgot how to control it because you haven't practiced in so long. 

You bag bounced on your back, filled with a half a loaf of bread, some apples, and a switchblade. You run through the streets, ignoring the looks people are giving you. You run down an alleyway, hoping to catch you breath and clear your thoughts. 

Breathing heavily, you turn around and see a little boy, no more than 7 years old looking at you with scared eyes. You smile at him, recognizing him as the boy who you used to babysit. 

"Hi Jaime," you say gently. 

"They're coming for me. I didn't mean to make them mad. I was hungry," he says, showing me an apple. 

"That's ok. I'll make sure they won't hurt you," you reassure him.

"Show me the water," he asks hopefully. You hesitate and look around, not wanting anyone to see you. You show some children water tricks, because you knew some of them won't tell anyone, and they really enjoyed it. 

You smile, and produce a water dolphin. Jaime smiled, and you changed it into a horse, followed by a cupcake. 

"There he is. He stole our food," a voice said. You turned around and saw the two of the five bullies that you had burned. One of them was tall and had blonde hair, the other shorter but stockier. 

"And he's with the water freak, he smiled viciously. "I always thought you were something abnormal. Though I thought is was fire," he muttered, confused. You panic, thinking that he might have remembered the incident. He started to advance.

You stood between Jaime and the bullies. "Don't touch him," you growl.

They laughed and you draw your switchblade. They grin, step forward, and swing their fist. You duck, and aim a kick at one of their legs. The tall one fell, but the other proceeded to punch you in the chest, knocking the wind out of you. You swing your switchblade blindly, and felt it connect with someone. 

"Run Jaime," you yell, as you punch one of them in the jaw. The short one climbed on top of you and started to punch you over and over. You feel the switchblade being grabbed out of you hands, and thrown off to the side. 

With the two punching you over and over, you didn't notice the Arendelle guards nearing the alleyway, drawn by the commotion. 

You were getting desperate, and since they already knew about the water powers, you thought why not. You wave your hand, and water blasts them both hard in the face. They stumble back. You produce a water dagger in your hand, holding it in the defence position. 

"Hey," an Arendelle guard says to you. The two boys run off, leaving you with a water dagger in front of the royal guards. 

"We need you to come with us," they say, and they surround you, swords drawn. "Please get rid of your weapon." 

The dagger drops to the floor with a splash, and all attempts of explaining were woven away by the guards. They pushed you forward, and you began to walk. You look back, seeing a puddle on ground, and you summon your switchblade with water with a flick of your wrist. You place it in your pocket discreetly.

It would be impossible to escape without using water or fire powers. You glance around, seeing the guards all around you, their eyes fixed ahead. You notice people watching out of their windows as you are being led away. 

"Where am I going," you ask.

The head guard replies, "To see the King and Queen."