Chapter 7: Summer Snow

You stare at the empty mountains for 10 minutes before heading back to the castle amongst the murmuring citizens. 

You observe Anna arguing the the Duke about Elsa, people whispering to each other, and snow falling from the sky. You shake your head snow falling from the sky? You look up, hear someone say "snow!" People started talking about how there was snow in summer, wondering how long it would last. If it would last forever. 

Anna went up to you and asked if you knew anything about Elsa's ice magic. You nod your head, explaining that Elsa didn't want to hurt her, and that her parents had sort of hired you to help Elsa with her magic. You didn't say anything when Anna asked how you could help Elsa. She looked hurt that you knew all that time and didn't tell her. 

You apologized, saying that it was the way the Elsa thought she could protect her. Anna walks away from you to calm the screaming Duke. 

You saw Jaime with his father, looking at the snow in wonder. He didn't realize why people were scared. Jaime waved at you energetically and grinned. You waved back and gave him a smile.

"The Queen has cursed this land!" the Duke shouts. You faintly hear Anna telling the Duke something. 

You run to the side of the castle where no one was around. You quickly look and see, but no one was there. Everyone was where Princess Anna was. You snap your fingers and fire appeared in your palm. You lower the fire near the snow on the ground, and it melts. You wave the fire around carelessly, anxious to see if you could solve the snow problem. 

Suddenly, a tree caught fire, and you quickly put it out with a douse of water from your hand. Remember what happened last time fire got out of control. You told yourself. Things didn't end well. 

You decide not to use fire to melt the snow Elsa created, but to go after her instead. Even if you could melt the snow, it would keep coming down. Then people would eventually discover your powers if you kept trying to melt the snow. The citizens weren't going to listen to you. You had tried to tell them twice. Maybe Anna could convince them when you couldn't. 

You got up and went back to the ice trail that Elsa had left an hour ago, but it was gone. The whole fjord was covered in ice. You shook your head, cleaning your thoughts. Elsa could stop the snow, you knew she had it somewhere inside of her, she just needed to find it. 

You went to the fjord and used your switchblade to cut a hole in the ice, exposing the water. Give me my bag of food and supplies. You thought, your hand grazing the water. 

A few moments later, a waterproof bag rose to the surface. You silently thanked the water and put the cube of ice back in it's place. 

You took out your shirt, leather jacket, boots, belt and pants, and quickly changed into them. It would be easier to hike the North mountain in these than in dress clothes. 

You wrapped the belt around your waist, and put the switchblade in it's place at your left hip. You took out 2 of your 13 knives and placed them behind your switchblade. You put a knife in your right boot just in case. You also placed three knives in an inside pocket on your leather jacket. 

Your father taught you how to throw knives when you were seven, and you were always prepared with at least one knife, and at least three if going somewhere unpredictable. 

It's dangerous in the mountains, and you didn't want to die because a reindeer trampled you or a wolf ate you. 

You looked in your bag. Seven knives remained, a sweater, some food, an almost unbreakable vial of water, and a bag of 40 matches. This was your waterproof mountain bag. You usually kept it at the bottom of a water source until you needed it. 

You were satisfied that you were prepared enough for the dangers you might meet while going to find Elsa. Unbeknownst to you, Anna was also going on her (normal horse) to find Elsa too.

You summoned your water horse with a swish of your hand. You put the your bag on your back and got on the horse, and rode into the mountains in search of Elsa.