Part 20

"What, babe?" Harry asked when he noticed Zayn leaning on his elbow and staring across the table at he and Liam.

Zayn shook his head with a smile. "Nothing. I was just thinking."

"About me? Because in all fairness, it does look like you're thinking about me."

"I am. About both of you, actually."

"Why?"

Zayn sat up and forked fruit from his fruit cup, then gave a serious look."Because I can. Now eat up. We still have the other half of the Zoo to look at."

Harry grabbed a handful of the French fries from his tray and shoved them into his mouth so that his jaws resembled the way hamsters jaws would look when they were storing food. "I am eating." he exclaimed with a mouth full of food.

"You're such an idiot."

Liam giggled and picked up one of the waffle fries from his own tray. "Funny, Pa. It's big." He pointed to his own cheeks, which he filled with air.

"See, Zee? Liam thinks it's funny."

"He thinks it's funny because he doesn't know you can actually choke and die. He has no concept of death whatsoever so he thinks it's funny his Pa is risking his life trying to be a smart alec."

Harry went into laughter as he chewed his food, then put his lips over his straw to have a drink of cola. Once he washed all the food down, he gave Zayn a sneaky look. "Why are you so worried anyway? I've choked on things bigger than French fries. You of all people should know that by now."

"Mmm, except French fries don't know how to pull out..."

Harry's eyes went wide in surprise. "Whoa, that was the first time. You've finally done it."

"Done what?"

"Talked about the three letter word in front of Liam. Although I'm almost positive it'll never happen again."

Zayn took a sip of his drink. "There is a such thing as an accident, which clearly is what just happened."

"Yeah right." Harry said, waving a hand at him. "Accident. Sure..."

"It was."

"Uh huh. Well, let's keep the accidents to a minimum. Definitely don't want to have to leave early to take you to bed. Although I'd much rather do that than go back to walking around and smelling animal shit."

Zayn went into a fit of laughter. "There will be no taking anyone to bed. And come on, it's Liam's birthday. You'll have to be patient. We should be talking about what to do next when we finish eating."

"I wish we could go back to the Lions. Those were cool."

"No. That's not going to happen. Don't even bother."

Harry had figured Zayn would say no. When they had taken Liam to see the Lions, they got to hear one of them roar. Zayn and Harry thought it was amazing, though it didn't sound anything like TV. However, Liam was scared to death. He thought they were pretty but he didn't like the way they sounded and he cried about it until they reached the giraffes.

"Fine. We won't go there. But I still want to see the Polar Bears and Black Bears and the snakes. That will be awesome."

"You seem like you're actually more excited than Liam is. You're like a little kid."

"I am excited. I'm getting to spend the day with family so I can't help it."

Zayn smiled choosing to be quiet on the matter. "What else? It has to be something Liam won't be scared of."