Part 11

A week later after Harry's appointment with the psychiatrist, Zayn wanted to take them out for dinner. Harry agreed because well, he wanted to spend as much time with Zayn as he possibly could and he knew this was one of the ways he could do that. But first they'd gone back to Harry's to wait for an hour or so since six o'clock was a little too early to be eating.

So currently they were in the bathroom trying to get Liam to sit on his potty training toilet. Harry had tried and failed. And now it was Zayn's turn.

He bent down in front of the boy and spoke in a low tone. Harry, who was standing in the doorway could still hear him. "Clearly Pa isn't the one for the job and he doesn't know what he's doing. So how about we pretend like Pa isn't here, and you sit down for me. Can you do that?"

Liam played with hem of his shirt. "No."

"Why not?"

"No."

"Listen sweetheart. You have to. You can't tell us what you don't want to do because you have to learn. But only if you want to be a big boy like me and Pa. You want to be a big boy like us don't you?"

Liam suddenly smiled and nodded, of course not really knowing what all was involved in being a big boy. But he did know he wanted to be like Pa and though Zayn nor Harry knew it, he wanted to be like Zayn too.

"Then can you sit for us?"

He nodded again and looked up at Harry who's mouth fell open.

"Hell no... How did you do that?"

"I've got the magic touch." Zayn teased as he pulled Liam's diaper down and sat him down.

"That's not magic. That's bullshit and it's unfair."

"Oh but it is." He stood up and went toward Harry. "I guess the rest is up to you then. Excuse me."

"'Up to me? What?"

"Yes. I got him sit down. Now you try to get him to pee if he can."

"Why can't you do it? Finish what you started, yeah?"

"I need to text Louis back and my phone is on the kitchen table. Can you move out of my way so I can go get it please?"

Harry pretended to think. "No."

"But I'm serious. I'm supposed to go out with Louis on Saturday and he's waiting for an answer."

"So."

Zayn folded his arms. "Have you taken your medicine yet?" he tried.

"Yep. Took the last pill today. So nice try Zayn. You're not going anywhere until you get him to use the bathroom."

"Wait. Are you crazy? I'm not gonna force him to use the bathroom. We finally got him to sit on the toilet. And this takes time anyway. If he has to go, he will. If he doesn't, he won't."

But Harry just let out an exaggerated gasp. "Oh wait. Time? I thought it was magic."

A smile gradually grew on Zayn's face as he realized Harry was using his own words against him. So he went over to the toilet, stood Liam up and pulled up his diaper. Then he placed him on his hip.

"Are you ready to eat Liam?" he asked.

The boy nodded as Zayn carried him in front of Harry. "Yeah, me too. But Pa doesn't want us to eat. He's being a big meanie."

"No Pa." Liam said, pouting and lying against Zayn. "I eat."

And really that's all it took because Harry's heart instantly melted and he stepped back out of the way. "You're turning my child against me and I don't like it."