Chapter 44

Jon's point of view:

"When I received a letter from Ser Jorah with a request that made me leave the city at a specific time when none of you had sent a letter since your departure I thought that something was strange then I decided to go deal with Ser Jorah's request earlier than expected. I obviously made the right decision, otherwise I would have missed you, my queen." Said Daario bending his knee in front of Daenerys while continuing to give me murderous looks.

"Get up Daario and go away. As you make it so well implied, I didn't want you to be there. So please stay in your quarters until we leave. We are only here to celebrate Rhaego's birthday, we leave tomorrow night." Daenerys warned in a firm voice.

"But I too want to celebrate Rhaego's birthday. You know how much I love him." Said Daario with a voice that seemed very false to me and a big smile that I was dying to tear away from him.

"Is that so?" Asked Daenerys pissed off. "How old is he celebrating today in this case?" 

"He is celebrating his 5th birthday." Daario replied after a moment of reflection.

"No, he's celebrating his 6th birthday." I replied dryly.

Daario's smile faded for a few seconds before coming back again.

"I don't think we've been introduced yet. My name is Daario Naharis, I am a close advisor to Daenerys." He marked a light pose before leaning towards me and continuing. "And I'm also her lover. "

I had only one desire at this moment: break his head. But before I could do anything Daenerys took my hand in her's and spoke.

"No Daario. You WERE my lover, nowaday you are nothing to me. I have never been in love with you Daario, contrary to what you seem to think." Daenerys turned to me and squeezed my hand probably asking me to stay calm. I nodded and she continued. "But since you ask, allow me to introduce you my husband and the love of my life, Jon Targaryen. "

After a long discussion months ago Daenerys and I had agreed that it would be better for me to take the name Targaryen, after all I was one and that allowed us to both wear the same name as our children.

"You love him?" Daario asked surprised. I could read on his face that he was really surprised. He probably was hoping that Daenerys and I had been forced to get married for political reasons.

"Yes Daario, I love him." Daenerys said in a calm and sincere tone.

Daario let out a sad sigh before nodding gently. "In that case I should leave you alone." He gave me a glare before leaving the yard.

"He was really in love with you. Honestly, I feel a little bad for him. I too would be devastated if you didn't love me back. " I said.

" Indeed." She let out a sigh before continuing. "Honestly, I thought he was going to make a scene. Instead, he just looked devastated. Well... He did glare at you but it could have been way worse."

I took Daenerys in my arms and kissed her forehead. "He will get over it." I tell her sincerely.

...................................

Daenerys' point of view:

After lunch, Rhaego insisted that we show Jon and the twins around the city. Our afternoon was spent peacefully in the streets of the city. We met a lot of people who seemed very happy to see me again. Every time I had the chance I proudly introduced Jon and the twins to them. I was proud of my little family. Rhaego was also very proud to be able to introduce his new father, his little brother and his little sister.