Chapter 36

Rhaego's point of view:

The atmosphere in the crypt was tense. Everyone was gathered in silence. Some were crying, others were praying and still others were doing absolutely nothing like they weren't really there.

Personally, I sat beside Aunt Sansa, Tyrion and Varys in silence. I worried about my parents and the twins who were already threaten when they weren't even born yet. I was also worried about Aunt Arya, Gendry and everyone else who was outside ready to fight our enemy to save us all.

I don't know how long we stayed there waiting in silence, for me, it seemed like forever. Suddenly the silence was broken by some violent knocks against the door of the crypt. Even I, immediately understood that the dead had managed to enter Winterfell. Our army had been defeated and now they came to kill us. I started to cry when I realized that my parents were probably dead and that even if they managed to get out of it I would be dead and I would never see them again.

I felt a hand take mine and lifted my head to see who it was. Sansa smiled at me kindly probably to reassure me but I could see that she too was terrified. Suddenly there was a loud noise and I saw that the door had given way and was now on the floor. The next second, dead men came running towards us ready to kill us all.

Before I could be attacked by a dead man, I was pulled back so abruptly that I didn't even understand what was going on. One second I stood facing the dead, the next I was hiding behind a grave. Tyrion had one hand on my mouth and the other in front of his to make me understand that I should not make noises. I looked around and saw that we were not alone hiding behind the grave, Sansa at Varys were there too.

I wanted to watch what was going on in the rest of the crypt but Sansa grabbed me and turned me toward her.

"Don't look." She said, whispering.

I decided it was not the time to protest so I just went back to sit between her and Tyrion.

"We have to find a way to get out of here and join Daenerys. Jon said that if the dead were going to win Arya should join us and protect Rhaego until we reach Daenerys. She is supposed to evacuate all the people she can on the back of her dragons." Sansa explained.

"I don't know if we should take the risk of trying." Said Tyrion. "Arya is not there and if Daenerys had seen that the dead had entered the crypt she would already be there to protect Rhaego. I don't know what happened outside, but I don't think we will get help from outside. "

"If what you think is true, we're going to die anyway, so we should at least try don't you think?" Sansa adds, raising an eyebrow as if to challenge Tyrion to disagree.

"Actually, I think she's right." Varys replied with a frightened glance at the rest of the crypt, from where was coming horrible cries of pain and despair.

"Alright let's go." Abandoned Tyrion.

He got up and looked carefully at what was going on in the crypt probably to analyze the situation and found the least dangerous way for us to use to get out of here.

Suddenly, he let out a little noise of surprise and we were quickly joined by Arya. As soon as I saw her joining us behind the grave I jumped into her arms happy that she was still alive. She returned my hug without any hesitation, then she detached herself from me and looked at me from head to toe probably to check that I was not hurt. Once she seemed satisfied with her little inspection she took her sister in her arms briefly, before concentrating on what was going on in the crypt.

"I think the best way to get out of here is to use the same way I used to get in." She declared.

"Wich is?" Ask Tyrion.