Rainy Day - Edward

Word Count: 733

Warnings: None

Request: "Could I get an Edward Cullen imagine where the reader and him were having fun in the woods when it started raining and they go to either house and they dry off and he warms up the reader and they dance and just relax and it's all fluffy? Sorry it's lengthy 😂"

Walking through the woods was never an uncommon activity for you and your vampire boyfriend, Edward. It was where he could be out during sunny days, where he could show off his powers, where he could really be himself. And nothing made you happier than to see Edward comfortable in his skin, not having his guard up quite as much. It made you happy to see him leap from tree to tree, for you to learn more about his kind and his history. It was nothing that he was proud of, but he didn't mind your questions - he was glad that you were intrigued rather than afraid.

So today, much like other days, you strolled through the woods surrounding the Cullen house. You wandered aimlessly, toying with each others fingers as they swung together in rhythm, conversing about anything and everything. You ended up chasing each other around trees, pretending to run away from him, giggling all the way. He used his vamp speed to zoom up behind you and throw his arms around your waist, hugging you against his body, laughing along with you.

The wind started picking up and Edward could feel a storm coming, so you started walking back - however you were a long way from the house. And almost like a snap of fingers, the clouds opened up and rain started pouring down from the sky, drenching you as you laughed in amazement. Edward could only smile at you as you laughed, admiring how happy and alive you seemed, feeling more alive himself just from being in your presence. "Come on." He hollers over the rain, taking your hand and turning, placing your hand on his shoulder, motioning for you to jump on his back. You do so, and he hollers over his shoulder "Hold on!" With a smirk, then takes off. You feel dizzy and fantastic as he zips through the trees, the cold wind blowing in your face as you fly through the woods at an unreal speed.

You arrive back to the foot of the Cullen house within a matter of seconds, Edward holding onto you as he carefully lets you down, knowing how dizzy and disoriented you must be. You don't let go of his hand as he guides you inside, a loud clash of thunder startling you as you walk up the stairs. He only leaves you for a moment to fetch a towel, gently wrapping you up in it and rubbing your arms to attempt to warm you. You smile adoringly at Edward as he distractedly brushes some wet strands of hair out of your face. "You're so beautiful.." He mutters as his hand caresses your cheek. "Come with me." He continues, taking your hand once more as he leads you up the flights of stairs in the empty house. He takes you to his room, where he had gotten a bed a few weeks ago, just for you. You place the damp towel onto his bed as he releases your hand to approach his stereo, selecting one of his many CD's, placing it into the stereo, then turning back to face you. He glances down, a small smile toying at his lips as a slow song begins playing. (Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine)

His gaze falls on you once more, taking small strides to where you stand expectantly. Edward places his right hand on your waist carefully, you almost don't feel it, until he gently pulls you closer against his body by your waist. His other hand takes your's, raising it as he begins to lead you in a slow dance, gazing into your eyes. The eye contact is intense, and makes you nervous, but the best kind of nervous. Your left hand rests on his shoulder as you sway in his arms, your head leaning forward onto his hard chest. Your eyes close in contentment, and Edward can feel your heart pounding in your chest. You smile absentmindedly as you feel his fingers moving against your waist. You have never felt more safe in your entire life, than when you are in his arms. "I love you..." You mutter against his chest, moving your hand from his shoulder to his back, half-hugging him as you continue to sway, not a worry in the world.

"I love you, Y/N." Edward whispers in your ear, holding you tighter against his body.