Undeniable Feelings - Jasper

Word Count: 1692

Warnings: None

Finding out about the Cullen family was never planned, but had sort of accidentally happened when Edward and Jacob had gotten into a big fight. Long story short, you discovered their secret, and after some convincing that they had never harmed anyone in Forks and some long conversations with Carlisle and Edward, you accepted them. You obviously bonded with Bella and became very close friends, considering that the two of you were the only humans that knew their secret, and therefore could only talk to each other about things concerning that. Because of your closeness, you found yourself around Edward more and more often, and therefore, the Cullen household. You had only seen the other Cullens around school, never really speaking to them until you found out. Then you had spoken to Dr Carlisle a few times, and Alice started saying hi to you, but that was about the extent of it. You hadn't spoken to the others though, and had never met Esme until the first time you came over their house. That was also the first time that you officially met Jasper. Of course you had seen him around school plenty of times, and even had a class with him, but you had never said a word to one another.

Bella told you not to be nervous, and to be quite honest you weren't even scared, you were just anxious about how to act and what to expect. Bella and Edward had led the way upstairs through the gorgeous, and surprisingly open and well lit home. You followed them hesitantly, immediately being greeted by Alice when you arrived upstairs. She grinned widely at you and gave you a quick little hug. "I'm so happy to meet you! Well, officially, you know what I mean." She laughs, and you smile, shocked at how friendly she is. You knew she was pretty outgoing and happy at school, but it still caught you off guard. "We're gonna be great friends." She says, almost as if she was sure of it, and you chuckle awkwardly, exchanging a nervous glance with Bella. "Ignore her." Edward says, earning a hit on the shoulder from Alice, pretending to be offended. They all seem very friendly and inviting, for the most part. Carlise walks out of their kitchen and smiles at you, offering his hand. "Y/N, nice to see you again." You shake his hand and return the smile, feeling oddly at home here, almost forgetting that you are surrounded by vampires.

"You too, Dr Cullen." You respond.

"Please, call me Carlisle." He says. From behind him you see him, and this is where you suddenly got very nervous. Jasper stepped into the hallway where everyone had been greeting you, standing a safe distance away, looking at you as though he was in pain. You gulp unintentionally and feel your heart start beating faster. And unbeknownst to you, all of the vampires in the room caught onto this. Edward was listening to your thoughts racing, and Alice had another vision, confirming that on the path you were on, Jasper and you would end up together. But, only her and Edward knew this.

Jasper not only could hear your heart-rate pick up, but could feel the nervousness that you were experiencing. "Y/N, this is Jasper." Carlisle introduces. "He's a little more new to our.. Lifestyle, which is why he seems a lot more tense. But he is just as safe and well-meaning as the rest of us." He assures you. Something inside you knows that he is not dangerous, that isn't why you are more anxious around him. No, it was because he is so damn attractive, and you had always had a crush on him from afar. And now here you are, standing in vampire Jasper's house, mere yards away from him.

He could feel everything that you were feeling toward him - anxiety, curiosity, and lust. It confused him to a point, although he also thought it was mostly to do with your new found knowledge of their kind. "Hey," You mutter, giving him a little half smile. He nods, staring very intensely at you. Somehow though, you feel your anxiety drifting away, replaced by the feeling of comfort and peace, confusing you.

After that day, you still hadn't really spoken to Jasper other than in passing saying hello, but yet you could feel your crush on him growing as you spent more time over their house. A few weeks had passed and eventually you began to speak more often, even forming a friendship. He tried not to feel your emotions as best as he could, attempting not to invade your privacy. However, when you were told of his abilities, you were freaked out. Not because of them in itself, but because you realized that he could feel how you were feeling toward him - lust. The last thing you wanted was for him to figure out that you felt more than just friendship toward him - it would be very embarrassing. You had formed a friendship with him, one that was not easy to build, and you don't want to mess it up. So you had decided to avoid him until you could get your feelings under control.

You had confided in Bella one night, telling her about how being apart from him is only making you miss and think about him all the more. She kept telling you to just tell him how you are feeling, but you refused. He would never go for a human, let alone you. You thought it best to just keep it to yourself. So for two weeks, you would avoid him as much as possible. You would keep your head down in the halls, only go over the Cullens' when you were sure he wasn't there.. You did a good job of not seeing him.

Until you were out on a walk one night. You wandered through the woods on the side of the road, and unknowingly heading in the direction of the Cullen house. You hadn't been paying close attention to where you were going, until you heard a rustle and branches. You became alert, and took in your surroundings, only to release you were a few blocks from where they lived. "Shit," You muttered, turning around to head back the way you came. "Going so soon?" You hear out of nowhere, causing you to jump and spin around. There he stood, a few feet in front of you in the dim light. Had he been anyone else, you would be scared. It was ironic, too, being as he is the most dangerous thing on the planet. "Jasper, you scared me." You groan, regaining your breath as you nervously watch him step toward you.

"Change your mind about something?" He questions, and you feel your heartbeat slow down and your nerves calm.

"I went for a walk, wandered too far apparently." You explain, hoping he believes you. He nods, his eyes not leaving your's for a moment, and you feel intimidated all over again.

"Do I scare you?" He asks, stopping about two feet in front of you. You can see his eyes glimmering in the moonlight, a beautiful bronze/yellow shade, just like the rest of his adopted siblings.

"No." You respond, your voice lower now.

"You know I can hear your heart pounding. Feel your emotions. You're anxious every time you are around me. So it isn't because of what I am, is it?" He presses, asking a question he already knew the answer to.

"No..." You mumble, cursing yourself for your heart hammering in your chest. It had nothing to do with him being a vampire, it was all to do with him.

He takes one step closer, cocking his head curiously at you.

"You know that isn't a good idea, right?" He says, his hand coming up to brush a strand of loose hair from your face. His cold finger brushes against your cheek, sending shivers down your spine.

"Why not?" You ask, forfeiting any control you previously had over yourself. You wanted Jasper, there was no denying it. You needed an answer. His hand cups your cheek as he takes in your beauty under the moonlight. He had been attracted to you for a while now, but he knows that it isn't a good idea. You could get hurt hanging around them too much, let alone dating him. He wants to, God, does he want you - but he has to think about your safety. Edward struggled for a while with Bella, and he has been off of blood longer than Jasper. "Just tell me, I need to know. I can't take not knowing any longer." You mutter, taking a step closer to him. You want to feel him, it takes all of you not to lean into his arms, or to beg him to be your's...

And Jasper cannot bring himself to deny you. He can feel how much you want him, physically and emotionally. He feels how much you are attracted to him, how much you respect and like him - and it's everything that he has been feeling for you. If you both feel the same way... Why deny it? Alice even told him herself that the two of you would be together, what is the point of fighting what you both want?

So instead of telling you what he thought was the logical answer, he chose to say nothing at all - but instead carefully place his free hand on your hip, gently pulling you against his chest, and leaning down to give you a gentle, sweet kiss. He can feel and hear your heart pounding, and does his best not to breathe in your very intoxicating scent, knowing he cannot push himself too far around you. He pulls away after a few moments, but it was enough for you. You try not to grin so widely but you can't help it, and Jasper only chuckles at how adorable you are. "Be mine?" He asks, and you nod excitedly, finally throwing your arms around the man that you are falling so hard for.