Alpha's Imprint - Sam

Word Count: 1813

Warnings: Angst

Request: "Could you do a fic w/ Sam uley and reader when he is still dating Leah and you and her are friends and after he shifts you see him and he imprints. And it can be angsty as he breaks up with Leah and you both feel bad but he tells you that you're it for him and then be like fluff because you have secretly liked him. Sorry I'm just really into the pack rn and there is like no Sam Fics anywhere. If you don't, that's okay! Thanks! Love your writing, have a good day ❤️❤️"

Over the past few months you had begun to grow closer to the tribe, after accidentally witnessing Paul shift during a temper tantrum. That was how you discovered that you friend Leah was a werewolf, and in turn, you began to see her pack more often than not. She had introduced you to everyone by this point, but you certainly wouldn't say that you were friends with all of them.

You typically hang around Leah, Seth, Embry and Jake when you are on the Reserve. You have met her boyfriend, Sam, the Alpha of the pack, a handful of times, but he didn't seem all that fond of you. He was nice and polite, but he didn't really speak to you. Then again, he didn't speak much to anyone, as far as you saw.

It started off as just a regular day. You hung out with Leah and her brother on the beach, the boys eventually joining for a game of soccer. You guys went cliff diving, which Sam actually participated in. He even spoke to you too. "You sure you wanna risk this, Y/N? You could get hurt." He warned as you stripped off your t-shirt. You gave him a look and jumped off the side without another word.

At the end of the night, Paul had started picking a fight once again, brewing a fight between himself and Jacob. Leah warned you to stay by Billy's house as the two wolves fought viciously in the field. But it ended up getting a little out of hand, so much so that Sam actually shifted and had to break it up, making Paul cower and bow to him, surely going to regret forcing Sam's hand later. You watched as the two wolves headed off to shift back in the woods, and you stepped down from your spot on the balcony, approaching the group again.

Sam was still in his wolf form though, and when he made eye contact with you - the weirdest and most unexpected thing ever happened. You saw his big wolf eyes get wide and him whimper. You got startled, thinking he got hurt, but he didn't. He stared at you for a few moments, and then you heard "You have GOT TO be KIDDING me?!" Your head shot to Leah, who got so angry that she shifted, fairly close to you. She startled you and you fell on your behind, much too close to the angry wolf. You heard a loud growl and the big black wolf version of Sam came to your side, growling at Leah.

You had never been so confused in your life. Jacob jogged over to you, helping you to your feet and moving you far away from where Leah was growling and snarling at her Alpha/boyfriend. "What the hell is happening?!" You exclaim.

"I can't believe he did that." Embry mutters.

"He can't control it." Quil says.

"He is dating Leah!" Seth exclaims.

"What the hell am I missing?!" You holler at the boys, and all eyes turn to you.

"Sam just imprinted..." Jacob responds. You feel your heart twist a little, jealousy stinging at your heart. You had formed a bit of a crush on your friend's boyfriend, as horrible as it sounded. You ignored it the best that you possibly could, and you had been doing good. It sucked to hear that he imprinted on Leah, though.

"Wait, then why are they fighting?" You question, completely lost.

Jacob gives you a confused look, looking at you as though it was so obvious.