Paul's Imprint

Prompt: Paul imprints on Jacob's crush/best friend

Word Count: 2371

Warnings: a little violence, fighting

As much as it sucked, Jacob could feel himself falling for his best friend, Y/N. The reason it sucked was because he hadn't imprinted on her, and therefore, it meant she more than likely wasn't his soulmate. And boy, he wanted her to be. He made no sense to him how he hadn't imprinted - you guys are so alike. You have been friends for years, you get each other, you would make the perfect couple. And yet...

He had brought you over to the Reserve a handful of times, although you guys typically hung out around Forks. You had met all of the guys before, and you knew about their secret after an encounter where you almost became a vampire's dinner during a walk through the woods. You had to admit, you enjoyed going over to the Reservation, specifically so that you could see a certain wolf you had grown a crush on.

You had not spoken to him before, only really seeing him from a distance when he was with the other guys, not paying you much attention, but you found Paul absolutely and ridiculously attractive. Something about him just drew you in, and you were dying to talk to him, to get to know him. It was a bit selfish, you were aware of that, but you weren't really doing anything wrong. You just happened to want to go over Jacob's house more often than not when you guys hung out. Of course, you weren't aware that your best friend, whom you thought of like a brother, had grown a crush on you.

You were thrilled when you received a text from Jacob earlier that day asking if you would want to hangout at La Push beach, that the guys were gonna swim and do a fire and whatnot. Of course, you agreed without a second thought, silently praying that Paul would be there. You saw the pack shirtless basically every time you saw them(in fact, you couldn't remember a time you had seen them with shirts on), but the idea of seeing Paul dripping in water and messing around with the guys in the water was enough to drive you mad.

You had a feeling that Jacob would not be happy to hear that you had a crush on one of his pack member's, fearing that he would be overprotective, which is why you pretended that you hadn't formed a huge crush on Paul. You hurried outside to Jacob on his motorcycle when he arrived to pick you up. You were very excited and hopeful for the night. You made sure to put on a little makeup to accentuate your features, but not going overboard since you would be swimming. You put on a black and red bikini, and a black tank top and denim booty shorts over that, with a sweater over that, just in case it got cold.

"Hey, beautiful." Jacob greeted you when you approached him, and you smiled sweetly at your best friend. It wasn't very out of the ordinary for him to compliment you, you usually didn't take it too seriously.

"Hey Jake." You respond, hopping onto the back of his bike, accepting the helmet he hands you and wrapping your arms around his torso. You had to admit, you were obsessed with riding on the back of his bike - it made your adrenaline rush like crazy, it was the closest thing to flying that you have felt, since he will not let you go cliff diving.

You guys arrived to La Push in short time, and Jacob got off the bike before you in order to help you off. You removed the helmet from your head and swayed your head side to side a few times to get your hair out of your face, then accept Jacob's hand and allow him to help you off of the large bike.

He doesn't let go of your hand after helping you off, though, and you take notice of this, glancing between his smiling face and your hands. You don't pull away. but become more aware of his seemingly flirty behavior toward you.

You greet the boys with a smile and give Seth a hug, your eyes instinctively looking around for Paul. You wish that you were friends with him, it would make everything so much easier for you. But it was like he had never even noticed you.