Imprinted - Jacob

Prompt: Jacob imprints on his best friend

Word Count: 646

Warnings: none

When you left for college, Jacob was fairly disappointed. You had been one of his closest friends over the last few years, and with you gone, he had no one to confide in. In the time that you had been gone, he discovered that he is a werewolf, formed a big crush on Bella, fought off vampires (Victoria and Laurant), etc.

And all he wanted was to talk to you about it all, but you were away and he didn't want to bother you. The idea that maybe he had feelings for you had crossed his mind a few times, but he mostly dismissed it. You were like a sister to him. You grew up together, he was like a part of your family and likewise.

So when you unexpectedly came home after deciding to transfer to a different college, Jake was startled. He's a completely different person now, physically and mentally. He's a wolf, he cut his long hair, he got a tattoo, he's buff. What if she doesn't even recognize me? He was fairly panicked about seeing you again, but tried to focus on the good part.

So the day that you returned to Forks, you shot him a text that you were here and wanted to come by the Reserve. He responded to your text that he would come pick you up on his motorcycle, and headed off.

Pulling up into your driveway, he shot another text to let you know he was there. Taking a few deep breaths - he tried to calm his nerves. It's just Y/N, why am I freaking out? He had a feeling that something was very different, but little did he know...

He heard the door and when he looked up, his whole life flashed before his eyes. You were the center of his eye, everything else blurred out, he could only see you.

You looked amazing and he couldn't breathe while he stared. He could only see how much he cared, how quickly he would die to protect you, how he wanted to have children with you, how he would do anything, be anything for you.

Jacob imprinted on his best friend.... On you.

"Jake?" You ask as you slowly approach him, waving your hand in his face.

He snaps out of it, realizing how close you had gotten.

"What is it?" You ask, wondering why he's looking at you like this.

"I-uh, just realized how much I missed you." Is all he says, opening his arms to pull you into a classic Jacob Black bear hug. "Aw, I missed you too Jacob." You mutter into his ear, feeling the shivers that follow your action. He cannot believe he just imprinted on you... how is he supposed to tell you? How is he supposed to tell you that he is a werewolf, let alone explain how imprinting works, or any of this?!

"Bro! You cut your hair! And you're huge!" You exclaim when you pull away from him. He smirks a little, adjusting himself on the bike and shrugging.

"Just a little." He jokes.

"And you have a tattoo! You didn't think to tell me any of this?! You really replaced me with Bella?" You gasp, fake offended as you touch his arm, tracing his tattoo. He watches your fingers on his arm, tingling feelings remaining everywhere you touch. How could this happen...?

"Never," he responds, looking at your solemn, adorable face. "Ready to go?" He asks, drawing your attention from his tattoo and back to reality. "Yup!" You exclaim, carefully climbing onto the back of his bike and wrapping your arms around his torso, resting your head on his back. Jake tries to remain focused on revving up the bike instead of your hands on his body, but it feels impossible. His emotions are heightened, after all.

"Hold on tight," and with that, you're off.