Chapter Thirty

Until Sunrise II

Celeztie

Caelesti was someone who could make another person feel special. She would look at the right people with gaze full of confidence and expectations. I suddenly felt envious. She would never look at me in the eye with those same hint of wontedness. She always gaze at me as though I am fragile, weak, and somebody who needed her protection. She's free to think lile that though, because in my current state, I can't deny that I'm indeed weak.

I motioned my fingers and all the sudden, the surroundings changed, I was back in my room in this hotel. I knew she left an hour ago, but I couldn't force myself to follow her. She had to do things on her own, while I have to do mine. She's taking the right path this time, but her mindset still concerns me.

She refuses to think more about her future, she would always thinl about others without even realizing it. They call her twisted and evil yet they know nothing about her burdens. I would very much prefer to see the world end than seeing her meet such a tragic end. I saw a future once, it was...satisfying, everyhing meants for her was hers, everything she had let go was returned, it was a perfect life.

But then I started seeing a different future as well. Something tragic, something...so evil. Whenever I remember the scene of me stabbing her, it breaks my heart. It's not a simple motherly love that I feel for her, it was something else. It was simply the desire to see her live a fulfilling life, far from the world's selfish acts on putting its burden upon her shoulders.

Bumalik ako sa malaki kong higaan. Madilim ang kwarto, tanging liwanag lang na nanggagaling sa buwan sa labas ang magsisilbing liwanag mula sa bukas na bintana. Pumapasok din ang hangin, pero hindi ko magawang maramdaman kung gaano ito kalamig.

Bumangon ako at lumapit sa bintana. Halos magi-isang taon narin ako sa panahong ito. Hindi ko mapigilang isipin kung tama ba talaga itong ginagawa ko. She might hate me for it, but anyone who truly knows her would agree with me. That she has to live. She trusts me, deep inside, I know she does. She doesn't dislike the idea, but it makes her uncomfortable. But whatever her emotions may be for me, that won't matter.

Tumalon ako mula sa bintana patungo sa ibaba, nasa ikatatlong palapag ang kwarto ko. Tahimik ang buong lugar, halos wala nang dumadaang tao. Sarado din ang karamihang mga buildings at shops. May mga streetlights sa tabi, pero hindi ito sapat para makita talaga ang buong daan.

Lumapit ako sa isang poste tsaka umupo sa may bench nito sa gilid. May naririnig akong hininga malapit sa akin, sa katahimikang ito ay hindi mahirap matunton kung nasaan siya. Napabuntong-hininga ako at nagpalabas ng kaonting enerhiya. I surrounded the area with a barrier, making us unnoticeable.

"You do keep a close eye to her, don't you?" It was a man's voice, strong and full or maturity.

"I know what I'm doing."

"I wonder why you seem to act and speak like her as day passes by." He chuckled. "However, you shouldn't attach yourself to her that much."

"I told you, I know what I'm doing."

"Do you really?" I heard him sigh, then he crossed his arms, leaning over the post.

From that position, I couldn't quite see his face. He was wearing a long white cloak, a hood almost covering his whole face. I wonder why he always tend to follow such a fashion. Well, if there's anyone I could trust the most, it's him.