Part 2: Chapter 100

The Power of Emotions

"We lost her." Theone said with disappointment in his voice. Pinsaundan ko sa kanila si Andrea, and when I managed to caught up to them here in the City after an hour, nabalitaan ko nalang na nawala si Andrea sa paningin nila.

"Sigurado ba kayo sa nakita niyo? There's no reason for her to be here."

"Siya ang nakita namin. She was talking with someone and she seems to be in trouble. Napansin niya siguro na nakasunod kami, kahit na hindi naman kami madaling makita." Millard reasoned.

"It's Andrea de la Valliére we're talking about. She's not that easy to track down you know." Ziandra said as Theone nodded in agreement.

"Bakit ba natin siya hinahanap?" Tanong ni Millard.

"Because something tells me I have to, no matter what." That feeling when your senses are engulfed with concern that I can't stop thinking about her. Is this a bad premonition? I almost didn't want to admit it.

"Kaano-ano mo ba siya?" Millard once again asked which made us all look at him. What is she to me? Somehow, it isn't a hard question like it used to.

Nandito kami ngayon sa isang tulay, sa ibaba ay may umiilaw na kalsada with diffrrent stores lined up at each sides. Marami ang dumadaang mga karwahe at sasaykyan dito since it's a rich City, despite the growing night. There's too many people and they're noisy. There isn't a festival pero may mga fireworks na nagliliwanag sa madilim na kalangitan.

Children kept passing by our direction almost endlessly with ice creams and apple candies in hand. Their laughters and chatterings fading away as their distance grew. The steetlights were blinding, and beside each of those were benches with different people sitting. May ibang nagbabasa, kumakain, nagkwe-kwentuhan, at kung ano-ano pa.

"A friend. She's a friend." I answered, my gaze focused on the scenery below me.

I hardly see anyone alone in that sea of people. It reminded me of the festival several months ago in Magnus. Kung sumama kaya ako kay Andrea at Iyana nung mga panahong iyon, could I have looked at this view with nostalgia?

"And now something tells me you don't have a lot of friends." He said once again as he sat on the railing beside me, sa likuran ko ang dalawa ko pang spirits, observing me.

"I don't." I smiled. "That's why they're worth it."

"Must be nice, having people like that." Millard replied looking away. It made my eyebrow lifted, is he jealous? Millard may be a 14-year-old spirit, but he's still a kid deep inside. I reached for his head and gently shook his hair, it surpised him but still he, they, we all looked at the sight before us. It was relaxing, looking at it.

"It is." I whispered under my breath. "It really is." I don't know why I kept remembering all those memories the three of us had together. It's warm, pleasant, wonderful feeling, a sense extracting every bit of my thoughts for them. I almost forgot about that bad feeling I had from earlier.

"Seperate and go find her. Tell me once you did." I looked back at the two after I said that. "I'd appreciate it." Like I said, they might be my spirits but I hate having to order them around.

"Millard sa akin ka sasama." Theone said as the latter nodded while jumping off the railing. And a few seconds later, the three of them disappeared from my view.