Chapter One

The Sound Of Clashing Fates

The sight of fire, burning down everything in its way. The sound of people screaming, replaced the noise of the fireworks above. The dark skies turned into a massive colours of magic circles. Blood was littering everywhere, the livings were outnumbered by the bodies of the deads.

"More!" She yelled, as I slashed my dual swords to her direction, letting out a huge amount of energy around me. Yet for the hundredth time, she was able to block it with her weapons as if it was nothing.

And there it was again. That memory of monsters devouring every humans they see, and then the festival was turned into an utter chaos. All those anger, hatred, sorrow...how could I not forget them? How could I not...regret them?

"I told you to focus." She whispered, but even without my ability, I knew there was a hint of disappointment in her voice.

Tinulak niya ako tsaka mabilis na sinipa, dahil sa hindi ko inasahan ang biglang pagbilis niya ay napaatras ako sa may pader sa likuran. Pinawala ko ang mga weapons ko at nagpalabas ng malalim na hininga.

Ilang araw na ba kaming paulit-ulit na naglalaban ng ganito? Three? Four? Paano ko naman malalaman kung ilang araw nadin naman akong nakakulong sa lugar na ito. They say they're only isolating me, because I'm too dangerous, but I know how fabricated is that lie. They couldn't kill me even if they want to because of the fact that both the Council and the Saints knew I hold great information about their factions. And especially because I'm now under the Elites, they won't be able to touch me.

But after what I did, I can't believe they're letting me off lightly. Dahil ba ito sa may utang na loob din sila sa akin? Or is it because I've been involved too much in this game that I no longer could quit even if I want to? Exodus was right, I should have quitted a long time ago.

"What are you standing there for?" Tanong niya habang tinutok sa akin ang espada niya. I returned her gaze, my eyes no longer hold their motivation.

"I'm tired." I replied, she sighed.

"Aren't you going to bring her back?" My eyes widened.

Of course, how could I forget? Pero kailangan ko pa ba talagang ibalik siya? Hindi ba at desisyon niyang sumama sa Exodus? Who am I to even prevent her from doing what she wants? I thought of her as a friend after all these time, pero para sa kaniya isa lamang akong goal na kailangan niyang maabot, I'm just someone who she had to surpass and nothing more.

Somehow, that feeling of expectation hurts me whenever I think about it. I was stupid for thinking we could stay the same forever, I was so naive for hoping for it. Perhaps everything would have been better if I didn't meet any of them in the first place. Kung pwede lang bumalik ang oras, babaguhin ko ang lahat na ginawa ko.

"Do I have to?" She frowned.

If I had my ability right now, I would have already known the emotions behind that expression. But this entire white room is covered by anti-energy magic, ibig sabihin nito ay ang lahat na pumapasok dito ay normal lang na tao. Except that I can summon my weapons when an Elite is here. And how is it even possible that she's just too strong even without using her real strength?

"It's like every time I see you, your eyes grow dim and weak. Tell me Ke'ala, what purpose do you want to fulfill in that life of yours?"

"Purpose?" I let out a small laughter because of her words. "Why don't you tell me my purpose? Aren't I your apprentice?"

"It doesn't mean I'm you though." I was annoyed by her answer, at alam kong napapansin niya ito. "Have you become so weak that you've already lost sight of who you are?"