Beauty In A Rainy Night

She suddenly stopped talking and frowned. Hindi ko alam kung bakit, pero bigla nalang siyang napatayo. The air around us became more colder. Kahit ako ay napatayo din nang yumanig ng kaonti ang lupa. I looked at her with concerned. She returned my gaze with a smile. A smile which reassured me.

She walked near the window and slightly moved the curtain away to allow her sight to go through. I could see a sly smirk forming her lips and even I feel something odd about that smile.

Pero naalala ko ang kwento niya sa akin. Hindi pa ito tapos. It has only been three hours since she started talking at bigla na lamang siyang tumigil. Sometimes she did so to smile and frown. Those are the only reactions I saw from her so far.

Napadpad din ang tingin ko sa labas ng bintana. It surprised me to know na mas lumalim pa ang gabi. Then she lifted her finger and started drawing in the air. What she did puzzled me.

Tumayo ang balahibo ko nang marinig ko ang isang malakas na roar ng isang halimaw. Base on the sound, I was so sure isa itong lobo. I looked at the window once more and saw a dozen of them outside. I gulped. Is that why she was smirking? I don't want to die yet before hearing the rest of her story.

Mabilis na tumakbo papunta dito ang isang malaking itim na lobo. Followed by the other three. Wala akong ideya kung ano ang nangyari pero bigla na lamang silang napatigil. Tumalikod ang tatlong lobo, facing their pack. One thing happened next, the black wolves started attacking their groups and it ended up being a war between two sections.

She draw the curtain back and gazed at me as if nothing had happened. Lumakad siya papunta sa may kitchen and poured herself another jasmine tea. Base on the story she told, she'd always drink either vanilla or jasmine teas.

"Now, where was I?" Tanong niya.

"Before that, anong nangyari sa labas?"

"Oh that," she said na para bang nagtataka pa siya kung bakit ko natanong. "They always come here at this time of the night, but this time they might have sensed your presence. So I did a little bit of something." I don't want to believe that she did that to save me.

"Is your story nearing at end?" She smiled again at me which calmed my nerves and shook her head. "It's only the beginning of a new conflict. And from the way you look at me, you want me to continue, don't you?"

"Pero hindi ko parin maintindihan. If you did all of those things for the 'Headmistress', then why are you here?"

"I told you, it's only the beginning." Tinuro niya ang nasa likuran ko. I turned my head around to see a shelf with different vials. Each vials contained different colours.

Then I remembered something. Her ring. Hindi ko nakita ang ring niya. I thought she was always wearing it, base on the story. Maybe it went missing? Or perhaps she lost it? Who knows. But it was such a valuable ring though.

Kinuha ko ang isang kulay blue na vial. Hindi lamang ito bughaw, sa loob nito may kaonting halong pula. Para itong tubig na nasisilawan ng apoy. Then there were yellow bubbles. May nararamdaman akong bakas ng mahika mula dito. Nakakamangha itong tignan. I was being swallowed by it.

"Pass me that." Utos niya, referring to the vial I was looking. Bahagya ko itong kinuha sa shelf at pinasa sa kaniya.

Tinitignan niya ito, na para bang may naalala na naman siya. The silence continued to deepen, and I never took the iniative to break it. Outside started raining. I heard the roars of thunders and lightning. I hate this place. Nakakatakot ito at madaming mga halimaw. It surprised me how a delicate lady like her is able to live here for years now.

But then again, she's not just any 'lady'. She's Caelesti The Unknown or known at the Traitor. Hindi ko parin alam kung bakit ganoon ang tawag nila sa kaniya. Pero kung ganoon nga talaga siya kasama, bakit hindi niya pa ako pinatay? They misunderstood her.

I shook my head out of the thoughts. I should never trust her. Marami pa akong hindi alam sa kaniya. And she's hiding her thoughts really well and emotions. Hindi ko manlang mabasa ang mukha niya o mga galaw niya. She's unpredictable.

"Sa huli mong kwento...what happened to Andrea?" Tanong ko which called her attention.

"Darkness usually builds up when there's uncertainity in your heart. It grows stronger and stronger as long as it holds resentment, sadness, hatred, and......love." Huh? Hindi ko maintindihan ang sinabi niya. How did that even answer my question?

"Even..love?" Nagtataka kong tanong. She only smiled.

Binuksan niya ang vial. What happened next was unexpected. Pumaibabaw at lumitaw sa hangin ang kulay bughaw na parang tubig. Then inside was a mixture of red and yellow. She formed a circle in the air, a magic circle. She must have had learned magic along the way.

The magic circle brightened, at bigla itong nawala. But the water became dusts, and air. They started forming and moving in a circular motion. Ang ganda nito. It formed structures..buildings...faces...and more. Like a whole picture. I almost didn't notice the thunders and lightnings outisde. The rain almost didn't bother me. Nakatutok lang ako sa ginagawa niya.

I was slowly being mesmerized by it...

"Well then let's continue..."

AN; You might get confused, so reread the prologue if you must 😊