Chapter 48

Year 2014

MARICAR found herself standing in her parent's grave once again. It has been a while since she visited here.

A lot of things just happened within a year.

Wizards got expanded. A hotel was proposed. Raven just got into college. Gryffin received a scholarship for college. Slyther's excelling in his debate club. Huffle found interest in baking while she found peace.

She found peace knowing her children are safe and happy. She found peace knowing that Tristan's doing good in his business even when they're not together anymore. She found peace knowing that Dominic got back into his job as an engineer of Javerde and fixed his relationship with Engr. Rolando Javier. She found peace knowing that Cynthia is doing well in Spain, and how did she know all of these things? Maricris, of course.

That's why she's here now. A study said that a child, no matter what age he or she is, will always find their way back to their parents when they have nowhere else to go.

How she wished they were still here today, because despite the peace she's feeling, there's something still missing.

"It looks like you just had a visitor, huh?" She mumbled as she saw a bouquet of fresh sunflowers.

She sat on the grass and feel the cold breeze of the place. When she thought she was alone, a tall physique arrived as it was walking towards her direction with flowers on his hand.

It was the same bouquet her parents just had.

Her heartfelt a certain warmth that she couldn't explain.

"W-What are you doing here?" She didn't know what to say! This is the first time she saw him again after a year!

Tristan looked at her and smiled. God, he just got prettier. He put down the bouquet at her parent's grave, "Can I sit beside you?"

What else she can do? "O-Of course,"

She looked around the place just to stop herself from staring. She could see the wind blowing through the tree's leaves.

"How are you doing?" They both asked in unison. As Tristan scratched his nape while she bit her lip.

"How are you?" He initiated to ask again.

She sighed and composed herself, "I'm good, how about you?" Do you have a girlfriend? Her eyes widen with what she just thought.

Damn it. So, what if he has? You let him go, right?

Her thoughts were cut when Tristan chuckled. Damn. Did he hear her?

"I'm doing good, thank you for asking," There is his smile again, "and yes, I'm in a relationship,"

He heard it! Damn you, Maricar!

She pressed her hands together and understandably nodded, "Oh, that's good... How is she?"

Why do you care, Maricar? She thought. This is not really helping at all.

Tristan sat properly and sighed, "She's doing good, I mean great in her business..."

"She's a businesswoman, too?" Ugh! What's with these questions? Stop it, Maricar. You gotta stop it!

"Yes," A smile formed in his lips, "I just missed her so much," He deeply sighed.

Her brows furrowed, "Why? Where is she?" You're the worst, Icang! Her conscience is speaking to her.

"Here," He faced her, "Beside me..."