Chapter 19

THEY'RE almost done with their breakfast but Raven hasn't returned yet with Huffle. She keeps on looking around and she couldn't see them.

Where did the two go? Are they okay?

"Hey, are you okay?" Maricris caught her looking around, "Do you want to take some rest?"

She nodded her head sideways, "I'm just looking for Raven and Huffle, have you seen them?"

"Yeah" she answered, "Raven said that they will just take a walk. I saw them there when I was trying to get some signal"

She sighed with relief.

"Mommy, let's go to the beach!" Slyther is ready to go, "C'mon!"

"Yes, My! It will be fun!" Gryffin added as she saw Dominic went out from his own room and headed towards the two, "Are you ready, Dad?"

"I am! Let's go?" he invited her but she politely declined, "Okay, if you need anything just don't hesitate to call for service!"

"We'll do!" Maricris answered for her, "Enjoy!"

They watched the three run at the beach and played some ball. She couldn't help but smile as she hears her children laughing.

At least, she made her children happy.

While the three were enjoying, Abby went towards them and invited them to join as well. She's a sweet and charming girl. She couldn't even feel any ounce of hatred nor anger towards her. Like her children, she has no fault about the past.

"Abby, how old are you?" she didn't expect that Maricris would be asking that.

"14" she sweetly replied, "Turning 15 this December" she added and went to her father.

There was a moment of silence between them. She sighed.

"Huffle was already four when Dominic got Cynthia pregnant right?" Maricris asked right after Abby left and joined her father.

She nodded, "Yes."

Her brows furrowed, "and she's 14?" Maricris said yet cussed when she connected the dots, "Dominic has been lying to you ever since Slyther was born? That was the time when he barely goes home, right?"

She nodded. She wouldn't forget that. Though she knew that it's 2001 when Dominic hit rock bottom of his career. He barely goes home that resulted in arguments, though he never lay a hand on her, they still got to hurt each other in words.

Their relationship just got better at least when Huffle happened. He still goes home late yet earlier than he used to. Maybe because she's pregnant at that time.

And they were okay. For her, at least. But in the year 2006, the truth has been told. He left their family for them.

"I don't care anymore," she said and looked away, "14 or 15, it doesn't matter because he already cheated on me. I've accepted that." She looked into Maricris eyes. "I just don't know how my kids will accept it. Most especially, Raven."

"Just trust your children, Icang." She smiled at her, "You've raised them well. Sure, they might not understand now but sooner or later they would figure it out themselves."

As much as she didn't want to, Maricar just spent the morning inside their room. This pregnancy makes her a couch potato. She's always sleepy and tired. Bringing Maricris was really a good idea since someone could look after her children while she's gone to the dreamland.

"Ninang!" She saw Eury and Eumee in their swimsuits. They're already here? The two walks towards her and gave her a kiss.

"What time did you arrive?" She asked.