Chapter 8

"YOU'RE LEAVING?" She asked Tristan worriedly. "How long will you be gone?"

"Two weeks?" He estimated, "Yeah, I think two weeks"

"When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow"

She sits on the sofa and crossed her arms, that is too long and sudden! "What? That long? Where are you going?" she couldn't help but sound irritated because why would he leave now when Dominic is just around! And knowing him, he would not give up right away.

That's why she got married at a very young age.

Tristan sat beside her and put his arms around, "Japan" he kissed her temple once again, "Can you help me pack?"

What else could she do? It might be about his business and she couldn't stop him. In the end, she just nodded and stood up.

Tristan did the same yet walked towards her room. She stopped him, "Where are you going? I thought we'll pack your things?"

"Oh, I was talking about your stuff" He smiled charmingly, "I'm done packing up my things" her brows furrowed, not sure if she's following what he says. "You're coming with me, baby"

Maricar stilled yet felt giddy with excitement. She already imagined herself walking around the streets of Japan and eating their food... but she thought about her children and the Wizards.

"Go ahead, Mom" as if on cue, Raven appeared. "I can take it from here, you don't have to worry about us. You deserve a long vacation"

Tristan went to her side and held her shoulders. He smiled at her. They planned this!

"I can take over at Wizards while you're away. So, don't worry. We got your back, My" Raven smiled that really melted her heart. How could she say no now?

"Mom, can you buy us a PlayStation 4?" Gryffin was running down the staircase with Slyther,  "Please!" They both asked in unison.

Well, among her children, Huffle is the only one who's really high-maintenance since she needs a lot of things. Her brothers rarely asked for something so why not?

"Don't worry, boys" Tristian smiled at the two, "We'll do. You know that your Mommy is a bit outdated in technology-- argh!" she nudged at him yet laughed with them, too.

Suddenly, Huffle came with a frown on her face.

"What's your problem again?" Slyther asked.

Huffle walked towards Tristan and held his hand, "Why can't I come?" she cried.

Tristan kneeled in front of her daughter and wiped the tears from her eyes. Among her children, Huffle is the closest to Tristan that's why she is the only one who calls him Papa.

"You have school, princess," he said, "but don't worry because we'll bring you and your brothers there. How's that sound?" he bargained which Huffle accepted, too.

After she packed her things, she asked Tristan to drop her off Maricris house. She has to ask her to look out for her children while she's away.

"Honeymoon before the wedding?" Maricris smirked at her, "Well, you're not a virgin anymore so..."

"Ate!" Maricris laughed at her reaction. She's not playing virgin but even when she already has four children, she still not used to this kind of talk.

"But honestly, you need that," her sister gave assurance, "Since it seemed that Dominic is starting to pollute your mind"

Her forehead creased, "He doesn't pollute my mind, Ate"

"Are you sure?"

Of course! She loves Tristan so much and they're getting married soon. She already moved on with her life.

"Anyway, how were your children? Especially Raven?" Maricris asked worriedly, "How did they react when you said something about Dominic?" she already told her about his visit on the Wizards which Maricris expected.

"Of course, as always. You know how much Raven was affected when Dominic suddenly left us, he is the only one who knows what really happened"

"How about Gryffin and Slyther? Are they still looking for Dominic?"

She sighed and nodded, "Sometimes I caught Gryffin looking at their photos. They're wearing those personalized jerseys" she let out a low chuckle. "Maybe they just got tired of asking me because I just answered that didn't know or he was just taking care of something and he had to do something important."

Maricris approached and embraced her from behind, "I'm okay, I just thank God that Raven is there. Maybe he was answering their questions for me"

"It's good that Tristan is also there," Maricris said and smiled, "He actually fathered your children even before you dated"

That's actually true. She is grateful for him, always.

"Don't forget to bring me a souvenir!" Maricris reminded her when she was about to leave.

"What do you want?"

"New nephew or niece" They both laughed at the thought of it. She's really grateful that she has a sister like her.

-----

It's almost two weeks since Raven took over his mother's place in Wizards. Everything was smooth and even there were minor problems, he was able to resolve it. She called earlier to let him know that they'll be arriving later.

At a young age, Raven learned how to manage this business. It wasn't so hard since their employees were fun to talk with. They are efficient and effective, too.

"Kuya, I'll just fetch Huffle. She wants to go home" Gryffin said pertaining to their youngest who was in the mall with their cousins.

"All right, call Slyther again. It doesn't mean that Mommy's away he'll just gonna take care of Emma" It's Slyther's girlfriend.

Gryffin let out a chuckle, "You gonna loosen up, Kuya. You're only 18 and not 28 to be this serious!"

"Maybe I will when you start to act like teens and not kids" Gryffin laughed with his response then left afterward.

He is currently reading and replying to some inquiries in emails so that when his mother returns, she won't be piled up with a lot of emails.

"Sir Raven!" Aldre was panting with face unexplained, "He's making some scene again. He's here almost every day and looking for Ma'am Maricar"

Raven's forehead twisted and went out to see who it was, "I just need to talk to my wife, c'mon! Don't even hide her from me!"

His throat seemed to dry up, after seven long years. He's here, in the flesh.

"She's not around here, Sir!" the security guard answered and looked at him, "Sir, we're just trying to tell him that Ma'am Maricar is not around"

He nodded at Kuya Paeng, "I'll take it from here, Kuya" and looked at him.

"What are you doing here?" He tried to sound professional hoping he wouldn't sense disgust and anger, "She's not here" he directly said and immediately turned away from him.

"Are you the manager?" He asked him which made his chest twitched. Yeah right, he has amnesia. He didn't recognize him.

He clenched his fist and tried his best to maintain his composure, he slowly turned and faced him again.

"Are you the manager?" He repeated.

He deeply sighed.

No, Dominic. Unfortunately, I'm your son. He thought.