Chapter 34

SHE was standing at the corner with the memories of the past flash right before her eyes. She could see her old self sitting in that brown armchair while Dominic seated at the couch just beside.

Wait, is she dreaming?

She could see again how Dominic left the house with his bags and how she managed to run towards him.

"Dominic..." Her 2006 self cried for his name yet he already left. "Dominic!"

No, he's not worth it. She thought. She wanted to pull her old self away from that place and even whisper that it will get better soon.

"Mommy!" She heard Raven's voice and that wakes her up from that dream.

"Hi" She gasped when Tristan went out from the shower, "Had a good night sleep?" His tone wasn't the usual sweet voice she heard. Is he okay?

She nodded and pulled his long sleeve polo from the ground and wore it.

"Hey, why are you grumpy?" They just made love last night, "Am I lousy last night?"

He sighed, "No.. I'm not grumpy... and you weren't lousy..."

"You didn't even give me a good morning kiss," She pouted her lips, "Are you sure that you're okay?"

"J-Just got woke up in the wrong side of the bed," He defended, "I gotta go to work, I have an early meeting..."

"Hey," She held his hand and pulled him back, "You're in a hurry... Let me kiss you.." She caressed his cheeks.

She smiled. God, thank You for giving me a good and handsome man. She thought and kissed him on his lips.

"I'll go ahead," He gave a faint smile and headed out. Something is really off, he didn't respond back to her kiss.

She got back in bed because she really feels sore but her phone beeped. It is Dominic whose number is still unregistered on her phone.

Unknown:
Who's excited to fix the furniture?

Her:
Has it arrived?

Unknown:
Yes!

Her:
Me!

Unknown:
See you!

She instantly got in her feet and prepared herself for a game she didn't even want to play but she has to.

---

They both sat on the newly placed sofa after they finished arranging the whole Cottage. It was tiring but the result is really fulfilling!

"We're done!" Dominic happily exclaimed, "So, how're my services, Ms. Martinez?"

She smiled, "It's okay,"

"Okay?" He raised his brows, "Just okay, huh?" He pointed her waist as it brought tickle down her spine, "Okay, huh?"

"Stop!" She giggled, "Is it bad to give my honest opinion?"

"Okay, huh!" He continued tickling her that they fell on the carpeted floor. She landed underneath him as their eyes locked into each other.

This is it.

This is her moment to get even.

"Icang..." He murmured her name as he slowly leaned forward but it will be too early. She has to make sure that he is already hooked.

She stopped him when his lips almost touched hers, "Dom..."

His eyes widen and immediately went off her, "I'm sorry... I crossed the line--"